Discover Editor – News and Advice at CreditCards.com
Discover Editor – News and Advice
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance:
Red Ventures is looking for an Editor who will be responsible for contributing to and executing on strategy for credit cards content on CreditCards.com (CCDC) and Bankrate Credit Cards (BRCC). This editor will be responsible for assigning breaking news, instant reactions and discover educational content, updating legacy stories, editing pieces from both internal and freelance writers, and collaborating with the editorial team on other content creation.
Content ranges in coverage from the latest credit card news to educational pieces about credit scores and reports, account management, earning and redeeming rewards, business credit, consumer law, monetary policy, data security and payment technology.
The right candidate is able to identify topics and develop quality, engaging content with a quick turnaround, as well as work closely with SEO.
Join the team behind the ultimate credit card marketplace, and help millions of people experience the financial and personal benefits of smarter, more informed spending. CreditCards.com is a place where consumers can shop and compare the largest variety of credit card offers you can find online for free. We’re always looking for content experts, engineers, and analysts to join our growing team!
What You’ll Do:
- Identify, pitch, assign, and edit credit card-related breaking news and discover stories
- Monitor news throughout the day, assigning out stories and deciding which breaking news events to cover.
- Coordinate discover educational content coverage plans.
- Produce high-quality, well-researched content at a fast pace
- Stay up to date on industry news and trends to detect discover content opportunities
- Be engaged in social media, staying current with trends.
- Use content schedule and topical foci to identify highest-potential content opportunities
- Edit internally and externally produced content in line with AP style and brand voice and tone
- Check story drafts for fact-checking, errors, typos, and linking opportunities
- Prepare, upload, and maintain stories on content management system (WordPress)
- Manage workload of 2 internal writers and occasional freelance contributors, communicating opportunities to boost content quality
- Work closely with SEO and marketing analysts to develop strategy
- Work closely with content promotion teams (social media, outreach, syndication) to collaborate on content ideas to increase brand awareness.
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years editing experience
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to shifting priorities while keeping up with fast-paced content production processes
- Ability to consistently identify, assign, edit and publish breaking news on a quick turnaround
- Experience meeting tight deadlines while working independently to manage multiple publishing projects
- Ability to collaborate with editors, designers, engineers, project managers, and web development teams
- Passionate about content creation and have a track record of coming up with innovative approaches to complicated topics
- Personal finance experience or knowledge of credit cards, credit scores and reports, rewards programs and consumer law preferred, if not a history of learning about difficult topics
- Familiarity with AP style and using content style guides
- Familiarity with HTML and SEO best practices a plus
A Red Ventures Brand:
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!