Director, Trade Shows at Elastic.co
Title: Director, Trade Shows
Location: Distributed, AMER
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world’s data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to real time Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what’s possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Elastic is growing quickly and the organization is evolving to support more complexity in offerings and go to market motions. To support this, we are seeking a Director, Trade Shows and Conferences who will be responsible for the planning and execution of our top tier trade shows and conferences and provide support for our regional trade shows. This position will drive trade shows and conferences strategically and take a hands on approach to delivering high volumes of shows with best-practices execution. Additionally, the Director, Trade Shows and Conferences will build, lead and mentor a high performing team that has an impact driving awareness, thought leadership and measurable pipeline for Elastic’s products and solutions. The person that fills this position will also own Elastic trade show properties and infrastructure.
This role will manage external agencies and work closely with internal resources including sales, campaigns, field marketing, product marketing, customer reference team, communications teams, etc. for planning and execution of events.
- Develop and oversee the global trade show and conference plan that is tightly aligned with Elastic’s business goals and solutions
- Drive execution of all trade shows and conferences in a best practices model from inception to delivery to post show promotion to results analysis
- Work cross functionally with key internal stakeholders as part of event planning, messaging development, execution, analysis and identifying improvements
- Manage and deliver event enablement and tools for field marketing teams to leverage including regional tradeshow properties, storage and booth delivery process
- Report and communicate KPIs and improvements for all trade shows and conferences on an ongoing cadence
- Build, lead, nurture and a high performance team
- Develop processes that improve and optimize the trade show strategy and team performance
- Excels at communicating cross-functionally and at all levels including senior management
- Manage vendors who will assist with event planning, execution, development and storage of booth properties and drive process improvement
- The ideal candidate brings 10+ years focused on marketing events with managerial experience
- Demonstrated leadership running integrated marketing and events for a variety of audiences and a broad solution portfolio. SaaS / enterprise software experience within a growth company a requirement.
- Experience directly managing and tracking large budgets
- Exceptional communication and program management skills
- High energy, own it personality with ability to drive process improvement and thrive in a high growth environment
- Strong data analysis skills and metrics reporting centric background
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, liberal arts, or related field.
We’re looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Stock options
- Option to work 100% remotely or from any office
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!