Director, Technology Planning and Integration at Bright Health
Director, Technology Planning and Integration
- TECHNOLOGY – HEALTH PLAN APPLICATIONS
As a Director of Technology Planning/Integration at Bright Health, you will be responsible for managing the evaluation and selection of Health Plan products from a technology perspective that will support Bright’s business direction and goals. You will provide leadership by understanding business partner’s opportunities for improvement and assist in selecting tools or products that improve business efficiency. Crucial is the understanding of the Bright’s Corporate Technology direction to ensure integration with existing direction and standards. You will be expected to work with all levels of the organization across diverse areas and multiple stakeholders to select and implement solutions, building strategic and tactical relationships inside and outside the organization to support Bright’s growth.
- In partnership with Bright’s business leaders, lead the technology component for identifying, evaluating and selecting product and/or services that enhance business processes, improve efficiencies/quality and outcomes for members/providers
- Understand and quantify level of effort on the Technology team to support implementation of desired product/services
- Coordinate with business partners and Technology teams to obtain feedback on the potential products/services to assist in identifying the best and alternative solutions from a Technology perspective
- Assist in defining business requirements for a new product or service. Participate in developing RFI/RFP and identifying potential vendors that can supply a solution to the business need
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with business and technical teams (both internal and external). Collaborate with business, product management and technology leadership to support project intake, vetting and prioritization processes
- Working in coordination with Bright’s business partners develop Roadmaps for future work that the technology team can use for resource and project planning
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Fifteen Ten (15) or more years of experience in Healthcare Business, Operations and/or Technology required
- Ten (10) or more years of experience in enterprise level product evaluation with regards to business initiatives and technology direction required
- Ten (10) or more years of Health Plan knowledge in claims, provider, enrollment and other data content required
- Five (5) or more years of experience in leading a Health Plan technology applications team preferred
- Five (5) or more years managing a health plan operation experience preferred
- Five (5) or more years of experience with Vendor Relationship Management required
- Five (5) or more years of experience working with a Health Exchange and/or Medicare Advantage preferred
- Experience in building Business and Technology Roadmaps
- Prior consulting experience preferred
- Strong level proficiency with MS Office suite required
- Significant knowledge of information technology concepts, practices, and principles to provide a foundation for technology related work required
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (presentation, written, and oral) and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, vendors, business partners and executive leadership
- Ability to express complex healthcare business/technical concepts to multiple stakeholders with varying degrees of technical experience
- Strong collaboration skills to effectively work with internal and external teams to effectively design solutions that meet the business needs
- Ability to work cross-functionally, spanning technology, operations, clinical, provider relations and markets that contribute to driving an exceptional experience for members and for clinicians
- Ability to be creative, strategic, analytical and think “outside the box” to solve problems.
- Effective communication skills including verbal and written
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Superior attention to detail
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We’ve won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we’re a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!