Director, Technical Recruiter at Imply.io
Director, Technical Recruiting
Imply is behind a data platform that’s used at some of the largest companies in the world to answer complex questions from trillions of events and data points in less than a second. To power our platform, we build and maintain Apache Druid, an open-source real-time analytical database used at thousands of companies. Our customers use Imply to answer questions from What do tweens in North Carolina who listen to Justin Bieber like to buy to What updates to our infrastructure have caused the CPU to spike when some customers from Europe hit our servers to Why are we seeing an increase in traffic going through our backbone from Japan as opposed to being routed internally?
We are looking for an experienced and talented Director of Technical Recruiting to partner with our growing R&D team. In this capacity, you will be both the lead recruiter for all of R&D (engineering, product management, and IT) hiring as well as building out and leading the technical talent acquisition function at our company. Working with R&D, you will own all aspects of technical recruiting including but not limited to hiring staff required for this recruiting effort, building and managing candidate pipeline, closing on candidates, reporting and setting metrics, related systems, and creating a scalable and successful function. This is a great opportunity for a player-coach leader who has not only been a successful tech recruiter themselves but also scaled a company’s technical recruiting function before at high-growth start-ups.
What you’ll be doing at Imply:
- Own the technical recruiting function
- Partner closely with the R&D team on hiring strategy; ensure we meet or beat hiring goals; become an integral part of the R&D team
- Personally make R&D hires; serve as a full-cycle recruiter
- Develop the staffing and systems plan for technical recruiting; hire and onboard a team and ensure we have the right support processes and systems
- Build out a systematic metrics-driven recruiting process, plan out capacity, set quotas and ensure attainment
- Market Imply effectively and attractively to the technical community
- Stay connected to the competitive landscape; identify trends in R&D recruiting and compensation
- Ensure that you and your team maintain a high level of data integrity and SOC-2 compliance
- Create a world-class technical recruiting function
Required experience and skills:
- 5+ years of R&D recruiting experience at high-growth technology startups similar to ours as both an individual contributor and leader of technical recruiting
- Experience at data warehouse or data analytics companies strongly preferred
- Consistent track record of success sourcing, recruiting, and closing extraordinary technical talent in the US and abroad
- Data and reporting driven; experience building and defining recruiting pipeline metrics and using data to optimize the candidate pipeline
- Proficiency with Greenhouse and applicant tracking systems or tools
- Exceptionally strong communication skills with candidates as well as internal team members in in R&D and other departments
- Likes strategic challenges and is a strong player/coach
- Works effectively with strong personalities; effective at building consensus and driving decisions
- Experience with successful diversity, inclusion, and belonging programs required
- Enjoys collaborating and working hard to achieve goals; celebrates successes and helps us to continually improve as a company
Imply is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!