Director, Software QA – Cloud and FHIR at Greenway Medical Technologies
Director, Software QA – Cloud & FHIR
- US – Remote
The Director, Quality Assurance will build, lead and develop a team of quality professionals dedicated to testing for complex software projects, directing the activity of Test Managers and Testers and ensuring that testing is documented and performed in manner consistent with internal processes to ensure regulatory and quality measures have been met and/or exceeded.
This position will be focused on improving the fitness for purpose and use of the corporate FHIR and Next Generation HIS solutions and will drive both strategic and tactical quality goals. This role will foster and lead collaborative efforts with Application Engineers, Project Managers, Product Managers and other stakeholders in the development and delivery of high-quality software on time, every time. Using metrics, identify areas of improvement for the company and implement quality improvement plans that directly impact the company’s customer relationships while reducing costs. Ensure corporate quality components of Privacy and Security objectives are met
This role will provide leadership and direction to the team to create and execute comprehensive test plans appropriate to function, product, enhancements, etc. being tested. Provides recommendations regarding issues, processes, and procedures both internally and externally. Responsible for providing thought leadership on software testing methodologies and bringing innovative ideas related to software testing forward. Demonstrates knowledge in technology and operational methods. This position requires the ability to proactively manage and direct multiple projects with competing priorities and deadlines.
As a People Leader role at Greenway Health, this position will be expected to provide proactive and real-time coaching and feedback to team members and demonstrate the Greenway Competencies to include the Leadership Competencies of Care for Yourself, Care for Others and Care for our Brand.
Skills & Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Technology, Software Engineering or another related field preferred. Experience may substitute for degree.
- 15 years of IT experience with at least 10 in a direct supervisory/management role with testing teams.
- Experience building and leading QA teams
- Performing all QA activities along the SDLC for the following types of applications:
- FHIR access to an existing EHR
- Cloud based EHR Verification and Validation
- Testing under agile development methodologies, specifically Scrum and Kanban
- Testing in large and complex interoperable systems
- Expert-level understanding of testing and quality principles, SDLC and the impact of quality on that process
- Extensive experience with automated testing tools, software development and testing methodologies.
- Significant and demonstrated understanding in driving automation strategies, process improvement (Six Sigma, Lean, ISO or other process improvement methodologies).
- Experience with various Agile development processes
- Organizational and prioritization skills and the ability to balance multiple projects within tight timelines.
- Outstanding project management and people management skills
- Independent thinker with keen attention to detail.
- Significant knowledge of the healthcare industry, HIPAA regulations and implementations.
- Experience building teams to include defining roles and responsibilities, processes and coaching and developing team skills.
- Experience leading RCA activities where appropriate and ensure that meaningful corrective actions are implemented.
- Manage and Lead multiple software testing teams across multiple product families.
- Design and set master test plans and schedules across the organization.
- Oversee and lead all QA activities along the SDLC for FIHR access to an existing EHR and Cloud-based EHR verification and validation.
- Supervise the design and development of test strategies, plans, scenarios, and charters.
- Evaluate and report on testing and test results as they relate to product and project health, value, and risk for product releases.
- Introduce new testing methodologies, optimizing testing approach and leveraging context driven and exploratory testing principles.
- Identify test design and implementation methodologies, run pilot projects to measure their impact, and drive adoption within the testing teams.
- Develop automated testing strategies and solutions to support quality initiatives.
- Engage the quality and testing components of the Patient Safety program.
- Collaborate with external vendors in various aspects of interoperability engagement.
- Ensure FIHR and Cloud-based EHR testing engages the corporate QMS system.
- Ensure data privacy and security are components of the testing infrastructure.
- Coach and mentor team members, peer group and senior managers within the QA team.
- Coach develop and recruit testing team to keep up with software release cycles and company growth.
- Formulation and management of the development and implementation of policies, procedures and system tools pertaining to the Quality Management function.
- Serves as a resource to provide Quality knowledge and guidance to the leadership team and staff.
- Sets and achieves meaningful KPIs that support the overall objectives of the organization and team goals in alignment with the VP, Quality Assurance.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!