Director, Social Media at Age of Learning
Title: Director, Social Media
Location: United States
REMOTE – UNITED STATES
AGE OF LEARNING, INC. PR & COMMUNICATIONS
Age of Learning is a leading education technology innovator based in Glendale, California, with a talented team of more than 600 individuals comprised of nationally-renowned educators, curriculum experts, developers, artists, writers, designers, engineers, producers, product managers, analysts and marketing experts! Together we develop engaging, effective digital learning technology and content to help children build a strong academic foundation for lifelong success.
Our flagship product ABCmouse.com Early Learning Academy is a comprehensive online curriculum and the #1 digital learning product for young children. To-date, more than 30 million children worldwide have completed over 8 billion Learning Activities on ABCmouse. We recently launched Adventure Academy, the first massively multiplayer online (MMO) game designed specifically to help elementary- and middle-school-aged children learn. It features thousands of engaging Learning Activitiesincluding minigames, books, original animated and live action series, and morein a fun and safe virtual world. Other Age of Learning programs include immersive English language learning products for children in China and Japan; ReadingIQ, a digital library and literacy platform; and a groundbreaking personalized, adaptive digital learning system that individualizes math instruction for every child through AI-driven technology.
We are committed to helping all children succeed. We provide our educational programs at no cost to teachers, Head Start programs, public libraries, and other community organizations, and have served millions of children through these initiatives. We recently established the Age of Learning Foundation to expand this work globally.
As we expand our global reach and increase the educational impact of our programs, we’re looking for passionate, ambitious, and collaborative leaders to become a part of our growing team.
The Director of Social Media is responsible for the ideation, planning, and execution of the vision for all social media strategies to help drive 360 brand awareness, engagement, acquisition, and retention. Working cross-functionally across teams such as brand, creative services, marketing, and corporate communications, you will contribute an in-depth understanding of the social media landscape and effective digital-first content, viewed through a creative lens to deliver on-brand assets.
- Bring innovative ideas from development through execution of social and digital campaigns, maintaining consistency across all platforms
- Architect and manage the development of the brand’s social calendar, translating high-level marketing strategy and messaging into relevant weekly and daily content to support always on evergreen campaigns
- Overseeing social strategy and content curation for all key marketing activities and tentpole events for the brands
- Drive accelerated growth on existing social media channels and oversee new platform launch strategies
- Utilize social analytics platforms and survey the competitive landscape to share insights and trends to create data-driven content
- Build brand advocacy on organic social channels focusing on best-in-class community management and discovering new ways to grow the community
- Work across departments to ensure that the social strategy is aligned with brand priorities
- Propose fresh ideas while analyzing data and consumer trends to identify relevant opportunities that challenge the status quo
- Manage monthly and quarterly analytics reporting process, provide insights, recommendations, and track against KPIs
- Develop and mentor direct reports and manage freelance staff
- Foster and manage high level relationships with key stakeholders at all the major platforms
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in social media marketing or related role including direct experience owning and operating high-growth social media accounts, ideally in the education or tech industries
- 3+ years managing a team, overseeing multiple social platforms, and collaborating across the matrixed organizations to achieve desired end results
- Fluency in all major social platforms (Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Twitter, YouTube & Pinterest) and passion for utilizing and optimizing their features expertise in running organic social media campaigns across multiple channels
- Demonstrated understanding of social media platforms, their unique audiences, and how to use them to maximize branding and marketing efforts
- Understanding of global/regional differences
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of online community platforms and best practices, with a passion for staying current on communications, social and content marketing trends.
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to deliver high-quality work, multi-task, and manage deadlines
- Experience in creating process funnels for things like timely engagement duty, customer service, and crisis management
- Excellent verbal communication and written skills
Age of Learning currently provides:
80% – 90% of health and welfare benefit premiums
A 401(k) program with employer match
15 paid vacation days, 11 observed national paid holidays plus 9 sick days
Our flexible work culture means 2 or more days in the office (hybrid) or 100% fully remote options available for most positions
Team bonding events and a highly collaborative environment
Access to our internal DEI Task Force that focuses on ensuring our products represent all children on a global scale
Opportunities for professional growth through professional learning and development programs
Commitment to Equal Opportunity Employment in addition to an inclusive and supportive company culture