Director – Senior Director Marketing Operations at Starburst Data
Director-Sr. Director Marketing Operations (Remote Opportunity)
We’re on a mission to free our customers to see the invisible and achieve the impossible. We unlock the value of distributed data by making it fast and easy to access, no matter where it lives. With Starburst, teams can lower the total cost of their infrastructure and analytics investments, prevent vendor lock-in, and use the existing tools that work for their business. Today more than 150 leading organizations trust us to make better decisions faster.
Though Starburst has achieved a unicorn status and raised $164M in venture funding from top investors, we were founded in a rather unusual way with customers and revenue from the very beginning! We operate globally in 10 countries and are proud to be named a Best Place to Work. Come join our team of All-Stars!
About the role
We are looking for our first Director of Marketing Operations to own short- and long-term marketing operations strategy and planning, lead key initiatives, marketing systems and processes, and enable the marketing team to operate efficiently and scale productively. As a trusted advisor and essential partner to leaders across business units and functions (Marketing, Finance, Sales, and BD), you will help define and drive Marketing’s strategic direction. You will manage planning and operational processes to solve our toughest challenges, advocate for high-priority projects, and drive greater operational rigor within Marketing.
You must have strong business acumen and operational aptitude as well as exceptional people / communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively across all levels. You should have a hypothesis-driven approach to problem solving, strong quantitative skills, and be comfortable addressing broad-reaching and ambiguous questions.
- Partner with marketing leadership and cross-functional stakeholders to set marketing’s annual strategic plan globally, articulate marketing’s most critical short- and long-term priorities, and develop business cases for additional investment.
- Develop executive level communication deliverables and own cadence of marketing reporting and ops reviews.
- Improve marketing efficiency and effectiveness by establishing and applying a rigorous approach to operational processes.
- Drive the design, implementation, and management of the Marketing tech stack including tool selection and vendor management.
- Build and deliver the marketing measurement roadmap in alignment with business objectives. Deliver a framework that enables data driven campaign optimization.
- Partner with marketing to deliver detailed + exec-level quarterly business reviews, and establish a cadence with sales for reporting out marketing impact on pipeline growth.
- Lead the marketing data strategy including database growth, enrichment, hygiene, governance, quality and security.
- Lead ongoing training and enablement for marketing on process and tech stack.
- Own lead management, routing, and partner with the SDR team to ensure proper lead follow up.
- 10 years experience in Marketing Operations at a growing organization with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Proven track record of impeccable business judgement, rigorous analytical problem solving, quantitative analysis, and communicating findings to executive leadership.
- Strong knowledge of MAP (Hubspot or Marketo) and CRM (Salesforce).
- Experience coaching or managing junior team members; ability to work across teams, build relationships, and influence stakeholders.
- Tolerance for ambiguity and ability to work in a fast-changing environment, with an entrepreneurial approach.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated organizational, planning and project management skills; the ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems and manage multiple initiatives.
At Starburst, we’re constantly striving towards building a place where people come first by creating an environment of transparency, honesty, and respect. We take care of our global workforce by making sure employees enjoy competitive salaries and attractive stock grants, remote-friendly work options, access to quality and affordable insurance, and flexible and generous paid time off to start a family, travel, or just relax!
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Warsaw and London and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!