Director, Sales Development at Confluent
Director, Sales Development
Job ID: R00221
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role:
Strong candidates for the Director, Sales Development position will be strategically-minded leaders who have a track record of building and leading high-performing SDR teams. This is a highly visible role within Confluent.
Success in the role requires projecting confidence earned through experience, gaining trust, partnering with internal stakeholders, and persuading decision-makers. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral) are a must. Candidates should also be data-driven and operationally-minded as optimizing SDR efficiency and productivity will be critical to sustainability and driving scale. Finally, this role requires creativity and innovation. SDRs are at the “tip of the spear” in Confluent’s evolving Customer Growth strategy, and we encourage experimentation with role design and deployment strategies to support our strategic Go-To-Market objectives.
What You Will Do:
- Continue building the AMER SDR function across all of AMER Enterprise; supporting local SDR Leaders and their teams in remote regions, while also helping build out our footprint in regional hub locations
- Grow our inbound and outbound pipeline generation through optimizing productivity, improving current processes, and executing programs
- Collaborate closely with senior leadership across sales, marketing, and support functions
- Maintain consistent capacity of top-talent across all teams, while developing a long-term career path for that talent internally
- Help build a vibrant culture in the SDR organization while bringing a strong sense of operational excellence and rigor
What You Will Bring:
- 1+ years of 2nd line sales experience
- SaaS and SDR expertise; parallel industry or PLG experience a plus
- Background of successful building, growing, and motivating a team of sales leaders and SDRs
- Proficiency working with data, analytics, and sales
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more