Director Program Management and Product Marketing at Valimail
Director Program Management & Product Marketing
- Remote – United States
Imagine working on a global communication network that’s used by 3.7 billion people – and every day sending more than a quarter trillion messages. There’s just one problem: even in today’s modern world, this network is highly vulnerable. Phishing attacks – email impersonation fraud – runs rampant, costing companies billions of dollars each year. Whether it’s from wire fraud, W-2 thefts, or targeted attacks to steal data or company IP, companies have been largely ineffective trying to protect themselves. Until now.
Valimail offers the most comprehensive and effective solution for stopping fake email, protecting brands, and helping ensure compliance. Valimail is the number one anti-phishing solution for Microsoft 365 environment, , has won over a dozen prestigious cybersecurity awards, and counts some of the world’s biggest companies as customers, including Fannie Mae, CNN,, Phillips, Yelp, and the U.S. Agency for International Development.
Valimail offers a ground-breaking zero-trust email security portfolio. Our products are laser focused on defeating all identity-based email attack threats, including domain spoofing attacks and inbox phishing attacks. Directly complementing native security in GSuite and M365, we provide the zero-trust foundation required by email security to help transform email into a trusted, dynamic platform.
You will be a critical player to sustain and accelerate Valimail’s growth, which is anchored in rapid market penetration, high-velocity product evolution, and growing strategic partnerships. We can promise that there will never be a dull moment and that you will be challenged continuously – as you help drive go-to-market strategy grounded in cutting edge positioning and messaging, competitive intelligence, and agile but guided decision-making.
This is a leadership position that touches and supports every business and product team in the company. You must acquire critical customer feedback and insights to drive features, competitive messaging and programs, while at the same time leading the charge to communicate and educate the market on Valimail’s philosophy, products and technologies.
Top line responsibilities of our Director, Program Management and Product Marketing include
- Scintillating Positioning and Messaging. Drive persona-based Key Messaging Documents with distinctive differentiation, coherent compelling stories, and pragmatic messaging frameworks that level-set and align the entire organization, especially enabling a high-performance Sales team that can situationally respond to client needs and objections. Ensure that customers and prospects experience “lightbulb moments” based on Valimail’s unique solutions, technologies and value propositions.
- Insightful Product Strategy, Packaging and Pricing. Act as the “Voice of the Customer” with Product Management to understand and assess key use cases, and define capabilities and products that solve key problems, demonstrate concrete value, and delight customers. Create segmented packaging and pricing strategies that meet the needs of target market segments and constituencies, grow market share, and drive revenue.
- Hard-hitting Competitive Intelligence. Own the management of our Competitive Intelligence platform and tools. Create an environment that makes the Sales and Product Management teams more effective and provides the data to executives critical for strategic thinking and proactive decision-making. Drive the development of competitive positioning and messaging, including battlecards, use-case specific differentiation, etc.
- Impactful Go-to-market Strategy and Enablement. Develop GTM strategies for products and the portfolio, grounded in sharp market analysis, persona use cases, and technology trends. Stay close to Sales to develop highly effective sales enablement content and presentations, as well as pragmatic, situational training programs.
- Agile Design, Deploy, Release, Launch processes. Take a leadership role in developing and managing critical cross-functional team processes to enable Valimail to maintain our agility and velocity as we grow. Our ability to execute efficiently depends on these processes and communications, as well as the tools that you recommend to make things happen. Own the responsibility for integrated product launches.
Valimail’s singular focus is to be a standalone company that dominates the markets we play in. You are a strong leader, who takes pride in mentoring yet is also hands-on, demonstrating passion and commitment anchored in an ethic of integrity and accountability.
Essential Skills, Abilities, Attributes include:
- 8+ years leading a Product Marketing function and team in a high-velocity SaaS or security company
- Startup experience is a must – with proven ability to “scale” an organization, having driven product marketing strategy, processes and execution in a high growth environment.
- Success as a leader. Strong mentoring, collaboration, and management skills. Proven ability to attract, retain and successfully manage top talent.
- Proven ability to prioritize, yet also manage multiple priorities, in a fast-moving startup environment
- Very strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- You enjoy thinking out-of-the-box, yet are defined by integrity and accountability, NOT politics
- Comfortable dealing with a technical product/community while selling business value.
- Experience and comfort with a technical sale – Valimail’s differentiation stems from its cutting edge, proprietary technology and being able to both understand and articulate the value proposition is key.
Seniority Level Director
Employment Type Full-time
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!