Director, Product Management at Impresiv Health
Director, Product Management (Remote)
Location: remote Ok
Category: Project Management
Job Type: Contract
This role would report into the VP of Product, would have immediate management responsibility, and would be instrumental in mentoring, managing and growing the product org while thinking strategically about how to scale the business. We are looking for someone who has strong product fundamentals, can function as a true leader and partner to the VP and who is passionate about digital health.
Director will also provide strategic direction regarding expansion of existing services and support strategies, pricing, packaging, and positioning of products relative to market requirements and competitors’ products and will work with peers in the organization to develop implementation strategies for all product lines. This position exists to ensure that software products are strategically planned and managed vs. reacting to individual customer demands or one-off opportunities.
- Assess market requirements driven by competitors, regulations, technological advances, changes in the healthcare environment, etc. and based on that information and other initiatives, establish priorities and manage the product roadmap;
- Interacts with external organizations in order to maintain state of the art knowledge in emerging application technologies that could be introduced within the corporation for use by internal and external customers;
- Works closely with Management team in the Technology Division and others in the enterprise to develop system specifications and subsequent build versus buy business case for all major systems activities;
- Create a product release plan to ensure that whole product guidelines are followed and that a complete package, including internal training and support readiness, is available at time of product release;
- Work with Business development, sales, marketing and marketing groups to ensure that pricing, packaging (including third party components), and product positioning (including value propositions) for Sales (including any new contract language that may be required);
- Ensures that all necessary sales training is developed and completed prior to product implementation and that all necessary presentation materials are in sync with product features/functions/specifications;
- Provide enterprise wide support to Operations and Sales as required;
- Monitor product profitability and recommend operational or product changes as necessary to improve margins;
- Conduct presentations and provide product representation at industry events;
- Monitor product profitability and implement or recommend changes to improve profit margins.
- Maintain and enhance key customer relationships to improve understanding of product features/benefits, and use of the product to ensure good references.
- Represent company and product in the marketplace with consultants, customers, prospects, competitors, and others.
- Involvement in strategic planning as well as strategic positioning of product set within various industries.
- Other related activities as requested.
- 8+ years of Product Management experience within the Healthcare space. Experience in risk adjustment/ management or population health is preferable, though not required.
- A strong understanding of provider and payer markets is ideal.
- Experience with a proven record of defining product requirements, and successfully launching products that meet customer needs.
- A team player who is creative, flexible, and innovative.
- A product leader who is results oriented, self-directed and self-motivated.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA preferred) in business, computer science, engineering, health informatics, healthcare, marketing or a related field is required. Graduate degree a plus, healthcare industry experience is required.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, strong analytical and problem solving skills, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, flexibility and adaptability to change, decision-making and critical thinking skills
Additional considerations will be given to individuals with advanced degrees or certifications in applicable business, technical or healthcare areas, including but not limited to:
- MBA, Healthcare Masters program
- HFMA, HIMSS, AHIMA or related certifications (CHFP, CPHIMS, RHIT, etc.)
- Healthcare Technology Platform Certifications (Vendor EMRs, HL7, FHIR, etc)
- Product Management Certifications (AIPMM, CSPO, APMG, etc.)
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!