Director, Product Management Excellence at Finastra
Director Product Management Excellence
- London – Paddington
- Virtual – Canada
- Virtual – US
- Lake Mary
- Full time
Reporting to the VP, Product Portfolio Strategy and Operations the Director of Product Management Excellence will govern and assure life cycles of assigned products or services to optimize practices in meeting client expectations, marketing, financial, and corporate growth objectives. This includes development of a centre of excellence, development of product management strategies, Overseeing Product introduction (covering personas, advertising, promotion) and enhancing strategies associated with new and existing products(s). Tracks and monitors projects and provides needed information to all impacted areas of the company.
Responsibilities & Deliverables:
Your deliverables as a Director Product Management Excellence will include and is not limited to, the following:
- Develop and roll out Product Planning and Product Introduction Standards across Products, Platform and Technology and standards for working with Sales Enablement. Sales and Partner teams
- Gain a deep understanding of the customer experience, identify and fill product gaps, build Product Management practices to drive growth.
- Govern the entire product lifecycle from strategic planning through go-to-market.
- Facilitate Sales Enablement activities across the lines of business to optimise product introduction through market research, customer profiling, needs analysis, market sizing and competitive analysis.
- Engage in high-level discussions with Sales, Marketing and Product to determine market and business drivers and identify go to market solutions to facilitate meeting those needs.
- Works with product marketing department to develop effective communication activities and programs including product positioning and collateral development
- Help the Marketing, Sales and Product Management groups gain a better understanding of the customer’s buying process and build skills, knowledge and repeatable processes to address the process
- Serves as the key contact for product management questions which surface from the Product Management community.
- Identifies and analyzes critical issues related to processed for product design and promotion of the product(s).
- Supports translating product strategy into recommendations and feature definition to address market opportunities.
- Develop and implement governance methods and procedures for monitoring projects such as preparation of records of expenditures and research findings, progress reports and staff conferences, in order to inform management of current project status.
- Manages the resolution of escalated customer problems. Escalates problems and issues to other departments when needed.
- Develops proper and thorough documentation (internal and external) describing enhancements as appropriate.
- Identifies continuous improvement opportunities for Product Management processes.
- Vendor Management including maintaining a directory of vendors with contact information and other pertinent data as well as analyzing potential future partner relationships.
- +5 years of relevant financial services software experience (Program Management, Product Management, support, etc.) .
- Ability to drive projects with minimal guidance
- Experience working with project management software application analysis, design or implementation (knowledge of project management principles).
- Proven track record of product management accomplishments and initiatives with demonstrated success in product launches and end-to-end execution of marketing strategies.
- Experience developing sales tools and enablement plans
- Ability to understand measurable sales, business and go-to-market strategies and develop structured plans, actions and metrics for sales tools
- Experience and credibility working closely with sales reps, sales leaders, sales training, product/solution marketing and product management stakeholders
- Ability to conduct granular market, competitive and product analysis to identify new go-to market strategies
- Ability to communicate and influence strategy positions to various internal stakeholders
- Ability to interact with customers to determine critical product and sales messaging needs
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with the ability to articulate and advocate key strategic ideas across multiple organization layers.
- Consumer lending operations, credit policy, and/or mortgage banking, financial institution product management experience preferred.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability please contact your recruitment partner.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!