Director, Privacy at Snowflake
- Location Remote, USA
- Category Legal REQ1442
There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there.
They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance.
This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
Snowflake is seeking an experienced privacy attorney to help shape and mature our privacy program as we grow in size and expand our geographic footprint.
This role calls for a self-motivated team player who can proactively manage multiple projects and lead cross-functional teams in order to operationalize privacy priorities throughout the company.
Superb written and verbal communication skills are critical for successfully conveying complex and nuanced issues to enterprise teams and executives in a clear and concise manner.
We are looking for someone with demonstrated leadership skills who can hit the ground running and make an immediate impact.
This role will report to the Chief Privacy Officer and may be located anywhere in the United States.
- Drive the implementation of high-impact projects designed to operationalize cross-border data transfer commitments
- Partner closely with our security, compliance, product, marketing, HR, sales and other business teams on data protection-related matters, emphasizing the importance of privacy while delivering practical and business-minded legal advice
- Develop and automate processes to scale efficiencies and privacy controls
- Develop and iterate on privacy-related notices, policies, procedures and guidelines
- Assist product lawyers in evaluating the applicability of privacy laws and regulatory guidance on product features and service offerings
- Work with other members of the legal team to promote a culture of privacy in the Snowflake Partner Network and negotiate relevant agreements
- Evaluate the impact of U.S. and international legislative, regulatory, legal developments and industry guidelines involving privacy and security
- Work collaboratively on and lead cross-functional projects related to data governance, data protection and privacy by design
- 8+ years of substantive privacy legal experience, preferably both in-house and at a law firm
- Experience with U.S. and international privacy and data protection laws, regulations and standards
- J.D. from an accredited law school
- Ability to pragmatically weigh the risks and benefits of complex situations
- Ability to quickly grasp technical issues and explain them in simple terms
- A good sense of humor and passionate about privacy
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!