Director, People Operations at TaskRabbit
Director, People Operations
At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries and 45+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love – and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
About The Role
TaskRabbit is seeking a Director of People Operations, North America during an exciting time of growth and innovation. The People team at TaskRabbit is a strategic pillar that drives our short- and long-term company goals. From hiring and talent attraction strategies to cultivating an intentional and meaningful culture of learning and performance, we sit at the core of TaskRabbit’s Vision of Greatness. This role will report to the VP of People and be a thought partner with a highly visible business partnership role across the company. Our philosophy blends the criticality of data-driven decisions with the empathy needed to be a people-first company focused on enablement and innovation.
As the Director of People Operations you will create and cultivate an environment that encourages high performance, empowerment, and engagement. You will develop strategies in talent management, business partnership, and total rewards that position TaskRabbit as the best remote-first company to work for – anywhere.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
The purpose and why of this role:
- Lead and inspire a small but growing People Ops team comprised of business partnership, total rewards, policy and compliance, and talent management
- Be a role model for TaskRabbit’s core values and a mentor and coach to those around you, from new-to-the-workforce employees to senior leadership
- Build to scale by Identifying inefficiencies in processes and developing innovative solutions that resolve for today and grow with us tomorrow
- Own our core people systems and tools using data insights to drive creative and thoughtful solutions
- Be a thought partner to managers, empowering them to own and represent our culture in a way that results in high engagement and long tenure of their team members
- Create an environment of clarity and compliance through policy creation, with a modern and people-first approach
- Ensure the total rewards we offer are competitive, supportive, and well functioning – and our perks set us apart from the rest with a keen awareness of benchmarks and trends
- Understand our current needs and future goals in order to help develop organizational structure, and be the gatekeeper for the talent team in hiring the right people at the right time at the right level
Exciting projects on the horizon:
- Present data dashboards and findings (People Business Reviews/PBRs) to managers and provide insights into areas of opportunity across diversity, engagement, retention and manager effectiveness
- Ideate and introduce talent management programs that focus on what matters most to both the business and employees, including talent mapping strategies, succession programs, development-focused feedback cycles, and more
- Partner with our employee experience and DEIB function to ensure our talent management programs are not only devoid of bias but actively anti-racist and intentionally equitable
The attributes that will lead to success:
- You have proven experience building and being part of strategic People planning
- You have proven experience as an inspiring and supportive manager
- You view ambiguity as an opportunity to solve independently and create clarity
- You are naturally curious which makes you crave innovation
- You are skilled at zooming out to see the bigger picture while considering the details needed to build successful programs
- You make sound, logical, and proactive decisions and can find the news within the noise
- You focus on outcome over output and value high impact projects
- You know how to support and coach managers while advocating for employees
- You can make difficult decisions that are right for the business and considerate of the employee
- You hit the right balance between what not to do to avoid legal risks with what we should be doing to support our people
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.