Director – Partnership Sales and Business Development at Athletic Greens
Title: Director – Partnership Sales & Business Development
- Location: Remote US
At Athletic Greens, our purpose is to inspire fulfilling lives, starting with a focus on health. Our core values are people first, life is an opportunity and no compromises. These values guide us in every decision we make. We look for these values within our own team, but also in anyone who works with us. Weve spent 10 years researching with the help of doctors, naturopaths and nutritionists to create the highest efficacy and nutritionally complete supplement on the planet. We never stop learning, growing and researching. Its our mission to continue adding value to our products and improving the lives of our customers.
Athletic Greens is looking for a proactive and hardworking team member to lead daily strategy and execution for Podcast and Newsletter Partnerships, with a focus on scaling our current podcast and newsletter paid media channels, with a heavy focus on driving revenue share opportunities.These channels drive a significant portion of our customer acquisition and revenue, with an emphasis on ROI, so this is a critical area of our business. You will be responsible for identifying, negotiating, executing, implementing, and managing the business relationships for our podcast and newsletter publisher partners. Manage all deal flows and work with cross-functional teams to create partnership agreements with these partners, working closely with the marketing and growth teams.
The role will be working in a fast paced, creative environment that offers an opportunity to be part of building a rapidly growing business and team. This role is on our dedicated Partnerships Team, reporting directly to the VIP of Growth & Strategic Projects.
- Actively source, evaluate, pitch, and negotiate strong partnerships with Media Partners (predominantly in the Audio and Newsletter space) and manage the ongoing relationships.
- Actively identify and cultivate new communities of media partners as well as new channel expansion opportunities to reach our target customers and extend our reach.
- Perform competitive analysis, industry research, assessment of best practices and KPIs to win the Podcast/Newsletter channel.
- Track and understand audience listening metrics to evaluate the success of partnerships and inform future direction of the department.
- Drive efficient performance that is tracked daily, weekly and monthly vs. aggressive growth and ROI targets. e.g., outreach and identify targets to build a pipeline in order to:
- Source new audio and newsletter partners.
- Track all pipelines, deals and own the performance and optimization of media partnerships.
- Maintain a regular reporting schedule on outreach funnel and budget spend vs. aggressive growth and ROI targets, e.g., number of people contacted, in progress, closed, budget allocated MTD vs target spend.
- Become an expert on our brand vision and community goals in order to successfully support that vision with aligned messaging across our media partners.
- Suggest new ways to innovate and enhance our podcast /newsletter marketing approach, staying on top of the latest trends.
- Partner, coach, and manage a FUTURE team to support continued scale of new partnerships and foster long term relationships with our Media Partner / content creator community.
- Expand current partnerships by understanding great, better and best methodology and work with partners to optimize campaigns to RIO goals
- Foster long term relationships with our media partner and content creator community.
- Work with other AG departments to manage content distribution across paid media, partnering closely with our social teams to drive a holistic marketing strategy.
- Own the tracking and fulfillment of all contractual partner obligations (on-boarding, reporting, etc.)
- Identify new vertical and customer segment opportunities and successes to greater growth team.
- Innovate across the broader marketing arm to drive cross functional initiatives that improve DTC experience.
- 5+ years of experience in sales/BD and/or media sales.
- Preferred experience in managing and building a pipeline, pitching, managing relationships.
- Preferred experience in digital marketing campaigns within the paid media industry of Branded Content across Facebook and Instagram.
- Strong media industry relationships is preferred.
- Media advertising sales knowledge a plus.
- Strong team lead experience and cross-functional communication skills – expected to grow team.
- Interested in getting obsessive about audio content and partnering with content distributors.
- Extremely strong written communication skills.
- Internally driven to find innovative and effective ways to excite and engage partners with an emphasis on scaling the program.
- Creative, curious, organized, problem-solver, personable.
- Desire to flourish in a fast-paced environment with an entrepreneurial and proactive spirit.
- Passionate about the health and wellness space.
- Highly analytical, structured thinker who is able to glean clear, salient ideas from complex information and very clearly communicate them to a diverse set of stakeholders in a way they will understand.
- Good technical know-how as well as comfort reading and analyzing legal contracts.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Thorough knowledge of G-Suite (Google Docs and Sheets).
- Can-do positive attitude and a roll-up-your-sleeves approach; personable and flexible with demands and changes in business.
- Strategic thinker willing to push the envelope and bring fresh, innovative ideas to life.
- You love giving the partners the warm and fuzzies.
- Cross-channel thinker.
- A 100% remote working environment, which has been implemented from day one.
- An immensely strong company culture which is enforced through the hiring process ensures values alignment and a highly collaborative team.
- A mission-driven approach to each and everything that we do, with an overall goal to significantly improve our customer’s health and wellness.
- 90% premium coverage for top medical, dental and vision plans.
- A 401k plan with Safe Harbor match up to 4% after three months of employment).
- A high-growth, dynamic environment provides lots of opportunities for your direct impact to be felt.
- Annual company-wide retreat & quarterly team-wide meet-ups.
- An unlimited vacation policy.
- A brand new laptop of your choice and a budget for home office set-up or a co-working workspace.
- The opportunity to work with passionate, high-growth, business-minded colleagues who bring their all to the Athletic Greens mission each and every day.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!