Director, Partner Marketing
Remote – US
You: Apptio is seeking an enthusiastic, results-oriented Director, Partner Marketing to lead the partner marketing team. You’ll be responsible for developing and executing a partner marketing strategy and plans that make a measurable impact on partner-generated pipeline. Relationship- and results-driven, and you know how to hit the ground running in a fast-growing B2B tech company. You have proven experience in navigating partner landscapes, prioritizing efforts, and building partner marketing programs and teams from the ground up. You’re a team player, passionate about partner marketing, and you believe that you can’t manage what you can’t measure.
Us: We are an ambitious and high-energy marketing organization building global awareness and demand for Apptio’s SaaS solutions. We are passionate about what we do and are driven by a common mission to support and elevate the role of CIOs within their organization. We believe deeply in Apptio’s potential to lead our market and disrupt the IT industry on a daily basis. We are team players with an entrepreneurial spirit and an eye on results. We are growing fast and need committed, ambitious professionals to help us meet our goals while building their careers.
What we want you to do:
- Develop and manage global partner marketing strategy, plan and budget to achieve pipeline and partnership goals, in alignment with global campaign strategy.
- Collaborate with internal and external cross-functional teams to develop and execute partner marketing programs, including campaigns, field marketing, channels & alliances, product marketing, and the partner ecosystem.
- Build strong relationships with partner teams to promote Apptio, create joint messaging and value propositions, and create partner marketing programs.
- Work with Apptio channels & alliances team and sales teams to understand territory and account needs, partner landscape, gaps and opportunities.
- Create partner event strategy and collaborate with field marketing and event teams on event execution.
- Be a champion and advocate for partner marketing within Apptio. Proactively communicate plans, opportunities and results to cross-functional teams to gain and maintain alignment.
- Create programs to educate and engage partner sales teams to drive new opportunities.
- Measure, analyze and communicate partner marketing performance against target plan, and calibrate plans accordingly.
- Manage and maintain partner marketing budget and spend.
- 5+ years of experience in a partner marketing role
- 10+ years of experience in marketing
- Highly knowledgeable about partner demand generation and marketing best practices
- Proven track record of developing and executing successful partner marketing plans that drive new business and accelerate opportunities
- Experience working for a high-growth technology company
- Ability to build strong relationships and influence internal and external teams
- Bachelor’s Degree with a Marketing or Business focus preferred
- Expertise in working with all types of partners
- Ability to build and articulate a unique value proposition
- Understanding of marketing performance metrics and management
- Ability to evaluate and navigate complex problems with multiple, evolving variables
- Clearly articulate a market-specific value proposition and tailor it to fit a variety of program requirements
- Leadership skills and experience in managing people and building teams
- Effective communication skills including the ability to:
- Convey information to a wide variety of internal and external audiences;
- Write and deliver persuasive, informative marketing presentations
- Articulate complex, technical information
- Results–oriented with a passion for performance measurement and analytics
- Flexibility and “can-do” attitude
- Communication and influence – must be energetic and passionate with ability to lead cross-functional teams to achieve marketing goals
- Ability to manage through multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines
**Apptio benefits include Company-Paid employee health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, and generous contributions to a health savings account. We also offer participation in a flexible spending account, 401k, and other voluntary programs.
Apptio is the leading software to fuel digital transformation. We help technology and finance leaders make smart decisions as they plan, analyze, and optimize technology investments in pursuit of digital transformation. Apptio’s software uses machine learning to translate technology costs and utilization across on-premises systems, vendors, projects, agile and cloud systems into a holistic, business-centric view. With Apptio, IT leaders make smarter digital transformation investments. Companies of all sizes and geographies trust Apptio to fuel their digital transformation, including 50% of the Fortune 100.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.