Director, Operations – Shared Services at loanDepot
Director, Operations – Shared Services
- Position at loanDepot
loanDepot Wholesale prides itself on a culture of innovation, transparency, and high quality service. With the financial strength of its parent company, loanDepot, LLC, and a team of seasoned mortgage professionals with over 20 years of mortgage lending experience, loanDepot Wholesale provides partners with industry-leading tools and resources including technology, training, diverse loan products, and competitive rates. LDWholesale delivers a fast, integrated, and seamless technology-based lending experience for business partners and their customers. Come join us!
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
Responsible for oversight and implementation of a centralized Shared Services model for Operations. Oversees multiple cross-functional areas and works with Underwriting and Operations leaders to address the organization’s critical focus on providing consistency in customer experience, operational discipline and channel-wide areas of scalability, efficiency, productivity improvement and process development. Helps to establish and evolve operational shared services by managing team members, tracking, reporting on, and improving operations by developing relationships with engagement teams and key stakeholders. This position ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Analyzes and assesses current workflows to create a strategy and vision around the development of a Shared Services model for Operations; includes both internal and external vendor workforce.
- Leads integration projects as functions transition to Shared Services; provides upper management with status reporting, process mapping, key stakeholder signoff process, and tracking methodologies.
- Quickly establishes solid relationships with Underwriting & Operations leadership as key stakeholders in each integration project. Partners to understand business needs and implement processes and systems to continuously meet/exceed those needs by adding value under shared services.
- Develops and leads a high functioning team of diverse skillsets, with a focus on operational discipline and enhancing the customer experience by ensuring delivery of accurate, timely, and quality-driven service.
- Leads Operations Team towards key production metrics, project metrics, SLA targets and change adoption.
- Collaborates with Executive leadership on developing SLAs and the tools needed to adhere to those agreements while monitoring costs, quality and timeliness.
- Leads the effort to build out and enhance new work streams geared towards operational efficiency and automation as it relates to centralized operations and shared services.
- Recommends redesigning processes to improve customer experience and/or operational efficiencies by leveraging existing resources and new technologies.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Deep understanding of shared services organizations and models. Demonstrated ability in setting strategy, driving performance, consistently producing superior results, cultivating ownership while enforcing company policies and applicable law.
- Client-focused individual with experience implementing large scale process changes. Ability to develop innovative solutions to complicated process issues in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Strong communicator with the ability to artfully influence, persuade and drive action. A collaborative management style and a strong customer service orientation.
- Proven ability to work effectively cross-functionally with senior levels in the organization.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Intermediate math skills; calculate interest and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions that have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and cross functional departments.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules on a short-term and long-term basis.
- Ability to provide consultation and expert advice to management.
- Ability to make informal and formal presentations, inside and outside the organization; speaking before assigned team or other groups as needed.
- Ability to deal with complex difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing duties.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of experience in Mortgage Operations Management.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience focused on leading in a shared services environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, and minimum of ten (10) years of mortgage experience.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- DTO days in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!