Director of Trading at Betterment
Title: Director of Trading
- Location: United States
Betterment is a technology-driven financial services company that offers services for spending and saving, alongside its core investing and retirement solutions. Since 2010, Betterment has had one mission: to help people make the most of their money so they can live better lives. Using cutting-edge technology, Betterment empowers its hundreds of thousands of customers to manage their money – for today, tomorrow, and someday – through personalized, expert advice; automated money management tools; and tax-smart strategies that help keep taxes low. Learn more www.betterment.com.
About the Role:
Betterment’s Trading team builds and operates the portfolio management and trading systems that drive our core investing business. Integrated closely with the Investing, Operations, and Product teams, we engage in rigorous R&D and iteration to create long-term value and efficiencies for our clients.
As our Director of Trading, you will drive efforts in trading analytics, operations, and strategy. The role will report into the Head of Trading/Capital Markets and is focused on quantitative analysis of trading performance and trading strategy development. The ideal candidate will flourish in a collaborative environment, build consensus across the organization, and partner closely with our internal and external stakeholders while continuing to deliver continuous improvements to the trading platform and process.
This role is remote eligible. We are hiring in all states except CO.
A Day in the Life:
- Develop and implement best practices in trade routing and performance measurement while owning the analytical, research, and reporting platform.
- Plan, build, and implement optimal trading workflows and strategies that are consistent with our investment process.
- Drive the continued R&D of actionable trading strategies, including systematic DMA trading processes, order routing, and management of various execution channels.
- Collaborate with key senior stakeholders across firm management, Investing, and Product teams to set process and development roadmaps consistent with delivering key business objectives.
- Represent Betterment’s Trading/Execution concern as our subject matter expert both internally during planning and prioritization, but also externally through engagements with compliance, risk, and regulatory organizations.
What We’re Looking For:
- More than a few years of experience in a trading, execution, strategy, or analytics role.
- An understanding of the evolving trading/execution landscape and best practices to engage different liquidity channels.
- A good track record of communicating effectively with audiences spanning different seniority levels, domain focuses, or quantitative backgrounds.
- A strong fluency in technology development/planning methods and experience working with engineering teams to manage a project/product life cycle.
- Comprehensive people management skills; the ability to lead at an empathetic, high EQ organization.
What Being at Betterment Means for You:
Joining Betterment means belonging to a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your well-being, and continuing on a journey of non-stop growth and evolution.
You’ll join a Community that Cares:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, and celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, and regular knowledge sharing, all occurring in a remote friendly way.
- Join one or more of our 8 Employee Resource Strategy Groups as a member or an ally, and help us shape Betterment’s culture and product for years to come.
You’ll stay Happy and Healthy:
- We will ensure you’re set up and cared for with a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, annual gym reimbursements and a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- You’ll have unlimited paid personal and vacation days, and a team that cares about your whole life, not just what you’re working on.
You’ll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills and abilities through Betterment University courses and additional allowance for outside learning.
- As part of a team that values knowledge sharing and transparency you can opt into mentoring and career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, and show & tells.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!