Director of Talent at Avra Talent
Location: US Locations Only; 100% Remote
Job title: Director of Talent
Comp range: $80,000 – $100,000
Benefits: equity, unlimited PTO, medical
Do you love adding purpose and value to people’s lives, engaging in meaningful work and building relationships? Do you want to have an outsized impact at the early stages of a profitable and rapidly growing startup by working with our founding team to build a unique and powerful professional community? If so, this may be the job for you…
At Avra, we’re building a global network of Talent Professionals™ to learn from, grow with and support each other while helping good people find great work. We are focused on the intersection of Talent and Technology because of the outsized impact connecting the right person with the right role has on innovation.
By leveraging our community of Talent Professionals™, we can curate the knowledge, tools, and best practices to create more inclusive and equitable hiring across the technology industry — imagine a Unifying Theory of Talent. It’s a huge goal, but we believe together we can work towards an open framework that will act as a rising tide, which lifts up workers and creates change in organizations.
Not only that but we’re profitable, growing and backed by some amazing strategic investors. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to get in on the ground floor and scale up a truly transformative business model.
Why this role exists
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Talent will own the acquisition of Talent Professionals™ (TPs) on our platform, from sourcing and initial engagement to vetting + activation. The Director of Talent will build a world-class recruiting function that recruits … recruiters! Meta, we know 0_0
This role could be perfect for a recruiting manager looking to work closely with the executive team and take on executive-level responsibilities while rapidly growing your responsibility and learning a ton.
- 6+ years progressive recruiting experience
- Experience scaling operations, or human resources within technology companies or startups
- Passion for building communities and helping people find good work is a must!
- You will set and manage goals for each stage of the recruiting funnel to meet our sales targets.
- You will gather and utilize data from Lifecycle team to inform the vetting process and qualification criteria to improve our internal hiring and who joins our network.
- You will keep the marketing and community teams up to date so they can drive topline numbers, so we can meet recruitment and activation targets.
- You will leverage our existing community of top Talent Professionals™ to improve processes and staff each stage of the recruitment process.
- You will develop and manage the sourcing function.
In the first 90-days on the job, you will
- Audit our existing talent foundation, from our vetting of candidates and applicants to our onboarding of ICs and employees
- Create a 30-60-90 day plan including performance monitoring metrics, so that every goal and person on your team ‘has a number’
- Work with leadership to set the high-level goal for where you want us to be in a year
- Create a dashboard of key performance and talent metrics, as well as build the process that ensures they are as up-to-date and as accurate as possible
In the first year, you will
- Put in place the systems and processes to scale up our talent capacity over the next 12-months
- Contribute to the community-building efforts, to create the most active network Talent Professionals in the world
- Drive a “lean startup” culture of constant experimentation and learning
- Increase operational rigor around the People and Talent functions and help fill management gaps by building and training individuals in operational excellence
- Constantly keep an eye out for ways to improve our people operations through automation, innovation, or delegation
- Review/audit our talent & people functions looking for overlaps or inefficiencies as you create documentation & processes which allow a smooth operations transition if (for example) you were “abducted by aliens.”
- Data-driven: You will align individual contributors and teams around our most important metric, the number of active Talent Professionals™ on our platform, and how that relates to marketplace revenue targets
- Ability to align stakeholders: You will develop metrics that align individual contributors and teams around our shared goals, then coordinate compensation/promotions/recognition with these metrics
- Process-orientated: You will improve upon and monitor our talent pipeline and leads, adjusting as necessary to match supply + demand
- Ability to switch between big-picture and boots-on-the-ground: You understand the big picture and what needs to be done to achieve it while also being able to dive into the nitty-gritty to get sh** done
- You are intelligent. Whether you graduated from an Ivy-league school or dropped out at 16, we believe intelligence isn’t tied to an education level or IQ test but is something that can be developed with diligence.
- You are well-respected. This doesn’t always mean well-liked, but instead, it means those around you, whether friends, neighbors, or colleagues respect you and think of you as someone with character.
- You thrive in a remote work environment. Fully remote employment requires the ability to quickly pick up online tools, familiarity with our tech stack (G-Drive, Slack, Notion, Airtable, and a variety of modern ATS’), and the ability to communicate (and often over-communicate) well in writing.
- You are highly reliable with a GSD mindset. You say what you mean and do what you say. You are consistent and take ownership in situations, large or small. Regardless of external circumstances, you get the job done.
- You love learning new things. Whether you learn best through reading, listening, doing, or exploring, you’re perpetually curious about the world around you and consistently trying to level up your personal and professional life through self-directed learning.
Location: US Locations Only
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!