Director of Software Engineering at Integral
Location: US Locations Only: 100% Remote
We are a technology consulting company committed to leveraging our superpower in technology to make lives better. By combining cutting-edge principles from human-centered design, lean product management, and agile software engineering we build great teams that build great products. Through intense collaboration with our clients, we rapidly deliver value, respond to change, and deploy to scale.
We are committed to delivering great products in the autonomous/connected/electric vehicle, and shared mobility space by revolutionizing the way the automotive and connected device industry builds great products and services.
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to drive the evolution of our engineering team. This is a REMOTE position (US based only). In this role, you will nurture and scale our engineering team as our organization grows. You will be responsible for developing engineering best practices, team norms, and holding the team accountable for client deliverables. Additionally, you will be responsible for creating growth opportunities for individual contributors and fostering an inclusive culture.
What you will do:
- Be a thoughtful and kind leader that maintains a healthy, functional, and cohesive team
- Lead and hold members of our software engineering team accountable for client and company priorities
- Provide direction and mentorship to engineering managers and team members
- Define best practices and team norms
- Drive business and technical priorities and roadmaps
- Provide insight into growth opportunities for the team in emerging trends and technologies
- Oversee engineering input on client project proposals and project fit analysis
What we’re looking for
Humility over pride, Accountability over comfort, and Kindness over progress.
See our working agreement here to dive deeper into what we value
You are great at:
- Leading a high-caliber team to excel at extreme programming (XP) practices (test-driven development (TDD), pair programming, and balanced teams)
- Quickly identifying, articulating, and actioning solutions to constraints and barriers with respect to our engineering practice
- Critical thinking and problem-solving
- Leading, managing, and developing a rapidly growing software engineering team
- Holding yourself and others accountable
- Executing and delivering company priorities for the engineering practice
- Translating company values and principles into engineering values and practices
You enjoy and thrive at:
- Coordinating with clients to ensure success, communication, and free flow of feedback
- Coaching, empowering, and supporting the well being of your team
- Turning a vision into reality through consensus building and collaboration
- Running the day-to-day of a software engineering team and taking pride in making sure the trains run on-time
- Ensuring communication is effectively flowing across the engineering team and there is a strong feedback loop established between the rest of the company and the software engineers
- Ensuring your team’s alignment to the organization’s core processes
- Healthcare including HMO & PPO options
- Fitness membership reimbursement
- 401K with matching
- Company equity
- Annual performance bonus
- Professional development
- Work-life balance
Location: US Locations Only
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!