Director of Site Reliability Engineering at Sauce Labs
Title: Director of SRE
- Location: U.S./Canada (remote)
Sauce Labs Engineering Organization is looking for a passionate seasoned leader that will establish and grow our Site Reliability Engineering function. Your ownership will be around the systems and processes that help support our applications getting to and staying in production, including best practices around SDLC, observability, and incident management.
With teams in Warsaw, Berlin, Vancouver as well as US-remote, you will be expected to actively engage with a global team to align on strategy, best practices, effective communication, while driving adoption. The company’s overall success will depend on an aligned effort across our different locations, and this role will be a core contributor to that effort.
- Create strategy and continuous improvement around observability
- Guide the various engineering teams in shifting from current state to best-practice across areas of ownership
- Drive adoption of SLO’s across the organization
- Work with teams to establish appropriate metrics and dashboards to understand the efficiency and robustness of their delivery process and systems as well as reinforcing the production quality feedback loop into everyday SDLC
- Manage, lead, retain, and grow a team of Site Reliability Engineers (SRE’s)
- Own the incident management process, including systems that identify and route the incidents, as well as establishing roles and responsibilities across teams
- Lead and grow the Developer Tools team in order to enable a frictionless SDLC, biased towards fast feedback, including
- Championing quality across entire lifecycle: coding, integration, release, and production monitoring
- Owning developer-focused tools and vendor relationships
- Identify and escalate concerns around poor adoption of above practices
- Define and refine processes for disaster recovery and load testing
- Drive an effective communication strategy across teams, as it relates to responsibilities of this role, including representing your team to senior leadership
- High level of technical competence. Stay current with technology and industry best practices to ensure that skill set/knowledge base remains broad and current
- You like to roll up your sleeves to lead, motivate, enable, inspire and grow a team of diverse, high-performing, highly skilled, passionate creative engineers in pursuit of software excellence
- 5 years of experience working in a leadership role that demonstrates success around measurement, efficiency and reliability
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable working with multi-location and distributed workforces
Perks & Benefits:
- Personal development budget: our commitment to your continuous improvement
- Commuter allowance and sport activities/fitness benefits to keep you moving
- Generous PTO + flexible work schedule
- Catered lunch and unlimited healthy snacks and refreshments
- Fun and relaxed work environment
Security responsibilities at Sauce: At Sauce, we will commit to supporting the health and safety of employees and properties, partnering with internal stakeholders to learn and act on ever-evolving security protocols and procedures. You’ll be expected to fully comply with all policies and procedures related to security at the department and org wide level and exercise a security first’ approach to how we design, build & run our products and services.
Sauce Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity/expression/status, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!