Director of Sales and Account Management at ConvertKit
Director of Sales and Account Management
- United States
- Full time
ConvertKit is delightful email marketing software built for creators. We help creators own their audience and turn fans into customers. For makers, authors, chefs, musicians, athletes, and anyone else making a living by creating the culture we all love, there isn’t a better tool for reaching inboxes. More importantly, there isn’t a team more committed to helping creators earn a living doing work that matters.
We’re hiring a Director of Sales and Account Management to guide expansion, retention, and acquisition initiatives as we scale from $25M ARR to $100M ARR. You will manage our Sales, Account Management, and Migrations + Implementations teams in a key role that reports directly to the VP of Growth.
We are looking for someone who is both a great leader and operator and can dive in and problem solve when needed. They also need to be an excellent people manager.
- Lead all aspects of the Account Management, Sales, and Implementations functions for ConvertKit, including our entire customer portfolio
- Responsible for leading renewals, mitigating churn, and up-selling based on customer
- Scout and propose potential partnerships/integrations to cross-sell the ConvertKit platform
- Manage agency partnerships leveraged to provide implementation services
- Hire highly influential team members that can manage deals during all stages of the customer lifecycle
- Build and manage a large pipeline of business – achieving world-class net revenue churn
- Drive strong collaboration with Product and Engineering as the quarterback of the account management function
- Create and deliver a strong value narrative account managers can leverage to help prospects, users, and customers understand ConvertKit ROI
- Maintain a managerial relationship while cross-pollinating with other managers and directors
The right candidate should have:
- 5+ years of combined people and project management experience
- Experience with the B2C market and account-based marketing
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong appetite for driving revenue via customer experience
- Exceptional collaboration and relationship-building skills – with the ability to develop work in relationships at all levels
- An operator mindset – understands the most important metrics and knows how to optimize people and processes to produce the best results
- Comfortable working in a 100% remote environment
- Have enthusiasm and belief in our mission, vision, and values
ConvertKit has standardized salaries based on position, no matter where you live. For this role, we’re hiring at our level 4 ($140,000) or level 5 ($165,000). Level is determined based on experience and our interview process.
Other benefits include:
- 3 weeks paid vacation, increasing to 4 weeks paid vacation after 1 year on the team
- $1,000 yearly vacation bonus for taking 5 consecutive days of vacation
- 10 paid holidays
- 2 weeks of sick leave per year, including mental health days
- Up to 6 weeks paid bereavement leave, medical leave and natural disaster leave after 6 months of employment, 2 weeks of each paid leave in your first 6 months
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for primary caregivers, 8 weeks paid parental leave for secondary caregivers, with flexible scheduling in your child’s first year
- Profit sharing
- $3,200 equipment allowance for your first two years, $2,500 budget every following two years for U.S.-based team members
- 401k with a 4% match
- Individual learning and development budget
- Yearly conference credit
- The team gathers twice a year for fantastic virtual or in-person retreats
ConvertKit is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in all of its forms and we hire the best person for each role, no matter your personal background. Research tells us that applicants who are female or non-binary, as well as applicants who are people of color, are less likely to apply for roles they do not feel 100% qualified for.
We encourage every person who is interested to apply. We’re imperfect communicators, so think of our job postings as the starting point for discussion rather than proof that you shouldn’t apply. Take the leap – you never know, you might just be the perfect person for one of our open roles, even if you don’t match 100% of the job description
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!