Director of Product Management at Cisco
Director of Product Management – Webex Calling
- LOCATION: San Jose, California, US
- ADDITIONAL LOCATION(S) Anywhere US Remote
- AREA OF INTEREST Engineer – Software
- JOB TYPE Professional
- TECHNOLOGY INTEREST Collaboration, Video
- JOB ID 1294009
Who We Are
Between hope and possible, there’s a bridge. In 2019, Cisco was recognized as the #1 Best Place to Work in the World. Together, our people and technology are creating a world of potential. The Cloud Calling team, part of our Collaboration Technology Group, home of Cisco Webex, is helping businesses transform collaboration and remote work by delivering seamless calling solutions without business disruption. Made secure and scalable for IT, Cloud Calling connects conferencing hardware, software, and SaaS offerings to provide the best end-to-end user experience and increase productivity – driving revenue growth and new business models for our customers and partners.
About the Role
We are searching for a strategic product management leader for Webex Calling. The Director of Product Management, Webex Calling will lead a team of Product Managers to drive a sustainably differentiated product and portfolio strategy for Cisco; provide product vision, manage a complex portfolio; and grow Calling market share. The Director of Product Management, Webex Calling is the unifying force behind Webex Calling product strategy and execution. This role sets the vision and leads execution on Webex Calling products and new features; analyzes market requirements and customer demands to craft programs and solutions for Service Providers and VARs; and is the bridge between our customers and technical product team, maintaining close relationships with Cloud Calling, Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Architecture, customers, and prospects.
Growing a global Cloud Calling platform requires a cool head as you tackle complex challenges, often highly technical, involving requirements in development, complex process flows, or higher-level business issues (pricing, positioning, roadmap commitments, etc.). We’re searching for a self-starter who can combine hands-on implementation with a strategic, long-term view of an emerging industry. A positive attitude and the ability to gain cooperation across the organization is a must.
- Product development, strategy and requirements
- Product lifecycle and roadmap definition, including packaging, pricing and description
- Market positioning and segmentation
- Business intelligence and competitive positioning
- Experience designing/collaborating on external facing collateral and presentations
- Presenting to key customers and internal partners
- Excellent relationship skills, ability to influence
- Preferred 10 years working in Unified Communications and Collaboration industry as a Product Manager/Business Development Manager/Technical Product Marketing Manager or similar.
- Ability to drive a strategic vision while working closely with Product Management, Engineering and cross-functional teams to deliver strong results
- Exceptional team leadership and people-management skills
- Strong content creation and presentations skills with an eye to detail and flair for simplifying complex challenges into easy to consume material.
- Experience launching or leading cloud offers to Service Providers or Telcos.
- Deep understanding of product lifecycles from a market perspective and offers that resonate with customers
- Adept at solving complex challenges
- Significant experience building and presenting business cases to senior leadership to influence product development and business strategy
- Eat, live and breathe customer + user experience
- Seasoned self- starter who excels at working independently (with minimal supervision) interpreting business goals, and leading complex projects.
- Confident working with senior management
- Possessing strong interpersonal skills leading cross functional teams.
- Willing and able to travel globally (post COVID shelter restrictions).
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!