Director of Product at FlexJobs
Title: Director of Product
- Location: Remote – US only
Who We Are
Our mission is to help people find the best remote and flexible jobs in an easier, safer, and faster way, and then to help them in their ongoing career growth and work-life balance. Core tenets that carry through how we do this are integrity, intelligence, balance, communication, and care.
In the past 13 years, FlexJobs has established itself as the leader in the professional remote and flexible job market to help job seekers connect with employers that offer these highly desired arrangements, as well as to help employers reach these candidates. We do this by utilizing both technology and human intelligence to provide a friendly, effective, and valuable service.
In terms of work flexibility, we also walk the talk. This is a remote job, as our entire team works remotely from locations all across the United States. Having a great company culture is really important to us and we’ve been named one of Outside magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019) and Best Company Culture by Entrepreneur magazine (2018, 2017, and 2015). To learn more about our current team, you can explore our Team & Culture page.
Responsibilities of the Job: The Opportunity
We are looking for an experienced design and data-driven leader who can drive us to improve and innovate our product for our B2C and B2B audiences. This will include making smart, creative improvements that better serve our users and help to grow our business while improving the usefulness and cohesiveness of our data and metrics to guide our decisions.
You will work closely with the CEO in taking on product responsibilities, understanding the mission and vision of the company — from our roots to our short- and long-term goals. Building positive, motivating, and communicative relationships will be a big key to your success.
- Lead the product design vision, strategy, and roadmap to drive results (such as Lifetime Values and conversion rates) in line with company goals through all product channels.
- Lead the team to define, articulate and manage product requirements. Ensure a unified strategy is delivered through all customer interaction points.
- Use every possible resource to drive conversion and retention results, including but not limited to: analytics, data, research, business strategy, product management, testing, design, marketing, branding, development, and storytelling.
- Seek input from people throughout the company who can provide insight and direction – see yourself as flat in the organization.
- Challenge existing standards of product excellence and propose new standards continuously. Create a culture of continuous improvement amongst the product team.
- Create and empower a professional product management discipline. This includes building programs to train and support new PMs, empowering PMs to work effectively and get things done, hiring when needed, and representing product management at the Executive Level.
- 4+ years of experience in a senior leadership role on an e-commerce product team
- 7-10 years of experience in product management; subscription-based, mix of B2B and B2C Experience working in both small/medium and larger organizations, with direct experience in scaling product teams
- Proven experience working in both small/medium and larger organizations and track record of scaling remote teams that deliver results; high growth experience a huge plus
- An accomplished people leader w/ a proven ability to measure impact with data-driven and user-centric goal
- Excellent project management skills with a keen ability to assess ideas and requests, prioritize, and plan
- Experience in the jobs/career/employment space
Traits and Skills for This Role
- A mature, pragmatic, kind, professional person who conducts themselves with integrity at all times
- A collaborative and humble leader who doesn’t hesitate to make the hard decisions
- A flexible mindset and a scrappy attitude that can quickly adapt to unexpected changes and proactively identify potential challenges
- Passion for leading, mentoring and scaling product teams to reach their full potential
- Excellent verbal, written, and digital communication skills, including strong listening skill
- Truly enjoy digging in, learning about, and understanding customers, the data, our business, and the market
- Exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills with a keen ability to balance short and long-term goals Instinct and ability to coach team members and direct reports effectively rather than just managing them
Traits Required of All Team Members, You Included
- A sense of pride in your work
- A streak of perfectionism when it comes to details
- Being highly organized, responsible, and ethical
- Being proactive when it comes to asking questions, brainstorming, and working with colleagues
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- An appreciation and enthusiasm for the ability to work remotely
- Interest in a long-term position with a company that you’re proud to be a part of
- A fully functioning home office, including high-speed internet access, a fast computer, and phone access
- A work environment that is quiet and one in which you can really focus without distraction
If you are selected to move forward, you may be required to do a background check.
FlexJobs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees. As a part of this commitment, we have pledged to be an Open to All business.
FlexJobs is also a veteran- and military spouse-friendly employer. Our positions are perfectly structured for qualified candidates who meet this criterion and we have a workplace culture that supports their work and life.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!