Director of Pricing at Quartzy
Director of Pricing
- MARKETPLACE OPERATIONS
Quartzy is seeking a Director of Pricing. In this role, you will own the strategy and execution of pricing initiatives for over 10M+ products across thousands of brands. You will have the opportunity to build and lead a team of data scientists and analysts to help you achieve your vision.
This is a unique opportunity for someone to build a world class pricing function from the ground up.
Quartzy is a 100% distributed team so this role can be done anywhere in the US.
You are deeply knowledgeable and experienced in the planning and execution of pricing strategies for an e-commerce channel or marketplace platform that makes large scale pricing decisions everyday. You are either currently in a technical role, or in a role that requires you to understand technical concepts and work directly with technical teams to be successful.
You are also inherently a self starter, and can move fluidly between defining a strategy against business objectives and executing specific initiatives on your roadmap. Lastly, you are comfortable working with senior leaders across the business and driving cross functional initiatives towards results.
We are looking for someone to not only build out our pricing team, but can eventually lead our data science and analytics function as well.
Quartzy is the world’s #1 lab management platform. Every day, hundreds of thousands of scientists from all over the world improve the efficiency of their research by using Quartzy. Our software combines lab resource management and eCommerce, producing unique value in this large market, returning time to researchers who can focus on their next discoveries. Our customer range from wine makers, to food/ag companies, to companies working on COVID testing and therapies. We are humbled every day to serve them.
What you’ll do
- Define a pricing strategy and roadmap to deterministically optimize revenue and margin growth
- Create reporting systems to monitor key metrics and performance of pricing initiatives
- Architect systems and business processes to dynamically execute large scale pricing decisions on a daily basis
- Build and lead a team of data scientists and analysts to execute on pricing initiatives
- Ideate and design experiments to understand the impact of pricing on customer behavior, ROI on promotional activities, ability to cross-sell, and other dimensions
- Work with cross functional leaders to identify pricing initiatives to drive success in their areas of responsibility
What we’re looking for
- 6+ years of experience in a pricing strategy and execution role
- Deep experience with and understanding of pricing strategy and technical concepts; able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with large scale, dynamic pricing systems, preferably within e-commerce or marketplaces
- Ability to define a practical, strategic roadmap from business objectives and execute against that roadmap
- Experience influencing senior leadership and key stakeholders to achieve cross functional objectives
- Clear and concise written communication, especially since we are a distributed team
- BS in a quantitative discipline, advanced degree preferred
What we offer
- Great Insurance – we cover 100% of employee premium cost and 50% for partner/family
- Great Culture – participate in our fun events like ActiviTuesday, Wellness Wednesdays, happy hours & speaker series
- Remote Team – we’re 100% distributed so you can live anywhere in the US!
- Transparency – Weekly all company stand ups, monthly town halls, quarterly state of the start ups and anytime access to co-founders
- Generous Time Off – take the time you need, when you need it
- Great Gear – We’ll set you up for success with the latest tech and help you outfit your home office. And, a free Spotify premium account!
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!