Director of Pricing at Spin App
Director of Pricing
Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers’ feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
About the Role
As a responsible mobility operator helping people get around in tens of cities and with tens of thousands of vehicles in North America and Europe, Spin recognizes the critical importance of smart operations strategies. We are looking for a Director of Pricing to build and lead Pricing Strategy for Spin worldwide.
This role will require expert strategic & critical thinking, stakeholder management, and data-driven pricing expertise. You will work closely with team members from Marketing, Product, Operations, Data, Finance, and Business to build cross-functional alignment to complex questions. This role will also require excellent communication skills, to provide transparency on highly strategic experiments and initiatives to team members at all levels, from Executive to front-line Operations Managers.
- Drive all pricing strategy and analysis for 50+ Spin markets, worldwide
- Develop, implement and analyze cross-functional price experiments in partnership with Operations, Product, Data, Finance and Marketing, and executing on the conclusions to propel Spin P&L to new heights
- Build a strong understanding of the value our products deliver for our riders, markets and internal operations, and how pricing can contribute to our product differentiation
- Build and champion business cases for new pricing product features, and work cross functionally to test and roll out winners to markets
- Build and coordinate the company’s approach to seasonal and event-based pricing, such as intra-day and intra-week surge pricing, back-to-school, the winter months, and busy holidays
- Work closely with the Product Management team to develop a compelling and competitive pricing roadmap.
- 10+ years of experience leading pricing strategy, optimization, and experimentation with a Bachelor’s degree OR 7+ years experience with a Master’s degree
- Subject Matter expertise in consumer pricing strategy, A/B testing, and/or revenue optimization
- Analytical approach: you can mold and understand data to drive insights and actions, in partnership with our Data team
- Excellent communication skills: present data-derived insights in a clear and concise manner
- Proven ability to foster strong cross-functional connections
- Highly proficient with statistical modeling concepts as well as financial downstream impact modeling of pricing decisions
- A love for structured experimentation, an appreciation of data, a passion for the exciting micro mobility world, and unending curiosity!
- Ability to influence and champion new pricing initiatives and concepts at Spin
Benefits & Perks:
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals’ sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!