Director of Operations at Cameo
Director of Operations – People
- US – Remote
At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our platform allows fans to get personalized messages from their favorite comedians, actors, athletes, and more…. not gonna lie, it’s pretty magical. And now we’re looking for passionate, hardworking humans to help take Cameo to the next level.
Our #Fameo means everything to us. Join a stellar team of smart, curious, open minded, and driven individuals, and experience a rocketship from its earliest days.
Best in class. We’ve been named one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, and the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company.
Work from anywhere. We’re a global company with an entirely distributed team… so as long as you’ve got WiFi, let’s connect.
Get all good stuff. Health insurance, 401(K), access to resources of a top tech incubator, and opportunities to connect with Talent on Cameo (looking @ you, Snoop Dogg).
Come to work every day knowing your efforts will have a material impact, shaping the direction of the next outstanding tech company!
What you’ll be founding:
As the first Director, Operations – People, you will found the People Team’s transition from ad hoc to highly scalable, data driven and lean processes to support company growth. In your first year, you will strengthen the foundation of the entire People team with your colleagues to deliver memorable, compliant, inclusive and fair experiences across every People initiative. In partnership with Finance, you will develop the People team’s expectations and behaviors around budget management. You will effectively serve as the COO of the People function.
About the role:
As Director, Operations – People, you will be responsible for talent data and influencing the strategic direction of the People Team by designing and building the processes, systems and analytics of Cameo’s human capital. This is critical to the success of scaling the People Team to support Cameo’s hyper-growth, especially in a fully-distributed environment. You will constantly assess and optimize the current tools that the People team is using, and you will evaluate new tools to upgrade the candidate and employee experience at Cameo. You will also manage the budget for the People team.
In this role, you will report to the Chief People Officer, and dotted line report to the VP, Operations, Strategy, and Analytics. You will work closely with the functional leads on the People team to build best-in-class processes to strengthen the foundation of the business while preparing for continuous growth. You will also work closely with your counterparts in other functions to make sure that approaches that are working well in one function can be quickly leveraged in the People team and vice versa. You will balance a consultative approach with passion for details that will make you a thought partner to the CPO, a trusted leader on the People team, and a valuable partner to the entire organization.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be a thought partner to the CPO on Cameo’s People plan and execution, focusing on how to create best-in-class, innovative approaches to hiring, onboarding, developing, motivating and rewarding the Cameo Fameo.
- Assess the current state of Cameo’s People processes and technologies and determine how best to improve and optimize them, keeping employee experience and Make it Memorable (one of our values) top of mind.
- Collaborate with the entire People team to leverage their experience and to help them get major wins across the finish line, with an eye towards Rolling Out the Red Carpet (another one of our values).
- Implement project management disciplines in a way that enables the People team to both Run Through Walls and Fight for Simplicity (the last two of our four values).
- Make an immediate impact in partnering with CPO and Chief of Staff to design and activate the People calendar for 2021.
- Identify opportunities for continuous process improvement.
- Create a vision for the technologies that will be needed/ integrated to deliver insights on People to the business that supports the company’s growth.
- Participate in cross-functional initiatives with other departments, leveraging your insight and experience to improve various operations within the business.
- Partner with the business analytics team to derive actionable insights from our internal talent data to better direct our strategy and operations.
What you bring to the table:
- You have a toolkit and an open mind on how to work with HR/ People/ Organizational process development and project management.
- Strong analytical and data skills to derive practical information for decision making
- Experience identifying the key insights that a business needs to make great, fast decisions and designing the reports that deliver those insights.
- Exemplify all of our core values, most importantly, Roll Out the Red Carpet and Fight for Simplicity.
- You know how to work with various cross-functional stakeholder groups at various levels.
- You have a history of proven success (progressive career, promotions, etc).
- You bring curiosity and business acumen to People initiatives.
- You are known for humility and compassion. You are receptive to feedback, mentoring, strategic realignment when needed, and lead with no ego.
- Ability to adapt to a culture of an ever-growing rocketship company that embraces and commits to change.
- You make work fun by coming into work with a sense of humor and a positive work ethic.
- Knowing how to work in Tableau, Zenefits, Greenhouse, and Sheets would be beneficial.
- A mix of consulting and corporate experience, ideally in HR/ People/ Org practices
- Degree in Industrial and Labor Relations, Human Resources, Organizational Development, or Industrial/ Organizational Psychology
All salary ranges are dependent on individual experience and expectations. Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!