Director of Learning Design, Math
- Curriculum & Assessment Development DIREC03683
- Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Dallas, TX, USA
- Remote, USA
Edmentum is committed to making it easier for educators to individualize learning for every student through simple technology, high-quality content, actionable data, and customer success. Founded in innovation, Edmentum’s powerful learning solutions blend technology with individual teaching approaches. We are dedicated to being educators’ most trusted partner in creating successful student outcomes everywhere learning occurs. Our commitment is built off the emphasis we place on our core values: passion, people, respect, collaboration, and performance.
The Director of Learning Designer, Math serves as an integral thought leader in the company helping to research and develop Edmentum’s strategy for math content and related products. The Director of Learning Design, Math will collaborate across curriculum, research, product management, and platform teams to lead the planning and learning design for math content and products, supporting the VP Learning Design in presenting strategic plans to the Executive Leadership Team. The position will lead the charge in creating learning design recommendations, both digital and print, that lead the company step by step towards becoming part of the core ecosystem within Tier 1, mainstream classrooms. The vision of the right candidate should be strongly grounded in math current classroom practice, educational research, math core products, math digital products, and an interest in innovation in blended learning that meets the everyday needs of practitioners. Scope of responsibilities may begin K-12 and focus later on K-6 or 6-12 as need for specialization arises.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Bear the torch for excellence in math learning design both within the company and support the company in making incremental changes in math content learning design and in associated core product offerings.
- Demonstrated track record in producing into product educational research in thoughtful and innovative ways.
- Collaborate with the research department on understanding key math research and introducing new research that enhances Edmentum’s instructional thinking, understanding how both scientifically based research and best practices authorship impact market direction and student outcomes.
- Ability to achieve results through influence across an organization and collaboration with other departments.
- Represent the needs of the teacher, the learner, and the administrator in math product discussions.
- Support the product management team in putting together business plans for products related to math, as necessary.
- Evaluate partners for excellence against an agreed-upon evaluation rubric and interface with the Manager of Product Partnerships, Learning Design management, and the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) on pursuing advantageous math partnerships.
- Understand and apply effective classroom practice to high-quality learning design in math and in other areas as assigned.
- Create Learning Design Briefs and other learning design tools to help guide development of courseware and features.
- Support the Curriculum team in creating math content by providing guidelines and reviewing key sample content.
- Partnering with Product Management and Curriculum, evaluate all product ideas for math against academic research, market research (customer surveys, user interviews, purchased surveys), and an in-depth knowledge of current educational practice and the workflow of a teacher’s day.
- Participate in focus groups, customer interviews, field tests, and site visits that explore direction in the math market and that respond to product concepts and prototypes.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Software Engineering in understanding the potential for math innovation within our products.
- Collaborate with Content Development, Research, Product Management, Platform Development, and UI/UX on math learning design initiatives.
- Interface with and potentially recruit math academic experts and investigate how to implement their feedback.
- Meet all goals of quality, schedule and budget.
- Represent Edmentum math learning design within Edmentum and externally with customers and at tradeshows and other events.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Experience in math classroom teaching and education preferred.
- Experience in learning design in math (prototyping, guidelines, scope & sequence creation).
- Five years’ experience in implementing or design math programs.
- Has hands-on experience with math core programs and an in-depth knowledge of the competitive field in both core programs and ed tech.
- Knowledge and experience with UDL and accessibility.
- Ability to build teams and review others’ work with positive guidance.
- Proven track record in achieving results through collaboration.
- Highly creative with strong design skills.
- Experienced in a variety of innovative instructional modalities and design approaches including game-based learning, close reading, project-based learning, and others.
- Has strong communication skills (oral, written, and business) to function effectively in a leadership role with internal and external clients and liaise with other national education experts.
- Ability to tailor technical presentations to different audiences.
- High levels of collaboration and cross-functional skills and experience.
- Inspirational, motivational, and results-based leadership skills.