Director of Information Security at Aledade
Director of Information Security (Remote, US or HQ)
- BETHESDA, MD or REMOTE
- TECHNOLOGY – ENGINEERING
- FULL TIME
The Director of Information Security is responsible for developing, implementing, and operating the information security programs which reduce Aledade’s top information risks. This role plays a key part in creating a culture of “secure by design” products and services for our users and customers. Responsibilities include securing both application and infrastructure development lifecycles and programs. Other duties include developing and maintaining security standards and policies for programs and systems. This role is part of an organization dedicated to protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Aledade’s sensitive data. In-scope environments include our cloud service network and internal business networks.
The position reports to the CISO and can be based anywhere in the US.
As the Director of Information Security, you will be responsible for:
- Conduct audits and assessments to identify risks to Aledade’s data
- Implement programs, processes, and tools to address critical risks
- Lead incident response activities, including coordinating with the SOC and other incident responders
- Coordinate regular penetration tests of applications and infrastructure
- Consult with development and systems teams on security design, implementation, and response
- Create, maintain, and document security baselines and standards
- Mentor junior staff on technical and organizational issues
- Advocate for security engineering good practices and architectures
- Develop automation which reduces cost and improve the effectiveness of security monitoring and detection systems
- Develop, document, and teach engineering processes and procedures to peers and teammates
- Develop, document, and teach security concepts to end-users
- Define and measure key performance indicators (KPIs) for programs and report progress to management
What We Value:
- Expert-level knowledge of securing systems development life cycles
- Expert-level knowledge of different security frameworks, such as NIST Cybersecurity Framework, ISO 27000
- Working knowledge of compliance frameworks, such as HIPAA Security Rule
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Working knowledge of software vulnerability classes, common exploitation techniques, and common countermeasures Ability to understand, model, and optimize business processes Enthusiastic and driven to learn and further career in Information Security
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills Comfortable executing in a fast-paced and dynamic environment Team and customer service-oriented
- 6+ years of security engineering experience
- 2+ years of security policy and program development
- 2+ years of personnel management experience
- Background in software development, systems and/or network administration desirable
- 2+ years of experience working with data, analyzing data, and understanding data
- Strong foundational Unix/Linux experience (BASH, Linux utilities, Makefiles)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, or equivalent work experience
If you are passionate about transforming the healthcare system into one that best serves the needs of patients, doctors, and society, we’d love for you to join us!
Who We Are:
Aledade is a leader in population health that is using innovative, value based solutions to transform the way physicians interact with their patients. We are on a mission to change healthcare for the better and solve complex problems within the healthcare system.
We follow the simple but radical idea that Aledade only succeeds when our partner practices succeed. From our cutting-edge technology platform to practice transformation services, we provide physicians with everything they need to create and run an accountable care organization (ACO), revamping the way they practice and getting them back to where they should be: quarterbacking their patients’ health care!
Our customized solutions help clinicians in communities across America preserve their autonomy, deliver better care to their patients, reduce overall costs, and keep independent physician practices flourishing.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness, and a desire to learn. You will work with team members that bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs, and achievements to their work, united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
We’ve recently been recognized as a Top Workplace by The Washington Post, Best Workplace in HealthCare & Biopharma, Top 100 Best Small & Medium Workplaces, Glassdoor Best Places to Work, and a Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation, and a Tech Tribune 10 Best Tech Startups in Maryland. That’s because the things that matter to you also matter to us!
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the needs of our team-members:
- Flexible work schedules and ability to work remotely available for many roles
- Educational Assistant Program
- Robust time off plan (20 days of PTO in your first year!)
- Paid Volunteer Days
- 11 paid holidays
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
- Health, dental and vision insurance paid at 80% for employees and dependents
- 401(k) with up to 4% match
- Stock options
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Weekly catered lunches
- Jeans everyday workplace
- Gender neutral bathrooms
- And more!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!