Director of Finance at Kaplan
Title: Director of Finance
Location: Remote/Nationwide Remote/Nationwide USA
This position is responsible for company-wide consolidation, reporting, and analysis. In addition, the role will also lead efforts in the development, implementation, and maintenance of the company-wide financial allocation model. The role will be a key participant in strategy, forecasting, and analysis of financial results.
- Create and maintain a financial allocation model. Ensure logic is documented, current, and executed in a timely manner based on the financial reporting calendar and as needed. Ensure regular and as-needed communication of logic updates to stakeholders.
- Prepare monthly forecasts/identification/reporting on relevant metrics to gauge performance. Includes determining the relative importance (impact) of the drivers of the business enterprises and recommendations (actionable items) that should be taken by the management in order to meet or exceed goals.
- Prepare monthly KNA-wide reports and commentary regarding actual monthly performance.
- Support the annual business plan and budget processes
- Participate in and contribute to the long-range planning process, analysis & reporting on year-to-date performance including the cause of variances and suggested actions to address
- Support the development & communication of established targets. Works with the next level of management to coordinate a calendar of events, consolidate inputs, evaluate requests and work to bring the plan together to meet financial objectives.
- Assists in leading the monthly consolidated financial forecast process for the group. Prepares the calendar, reviews forecasts, conducts analysis, consolidates results, and reviews w/ the various BUs and next level of management.
- Participate in the preparation of period reviews with Leadership. Includes quarterly & annual reviews of business performance.
- Create ad hoc analysis of KNA-wide key metrics and activities which help improve the overall performance of the business. Analysis should yield commentary and actionable recommendations to the next level of management.
- Coordinates and reviews KNA initiatives to ensure consistency of forecasts, budgets, implementations, and outcomes supporting overall organizational goals.
- Supports all financial planning & analysis activities and representatives throughout the organization
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- 6+ years related experience
- Experience in financial planning and analysis, financial modeling and analysis, budgeting & forecasting, and strong familiarity with corporate finance
- Thorough understanding of key business drivers and financial models
- MS Excel (power user)
- Proficient in Access, Excel, PowerPoint, BPC, Oracle, and -CampusView
- Strong verbal and written communication
- The candidate should have experience in developing and/or maintaining financial allocation solutions and understand the interdependencies that exist in such allocations.
- The candidate should be proficient in some programming languages.
- The candidate should have experience working with Oracle SmartView and be familiar with the core reporting concepts surrounding multi-dimensional databases.
- The candidate should have experience working with Oracle Profitability and Cost Management (PCM) or at a minimum working on other Oracle EPM products (EPBCS, FCCS, etc)
- The candidate does not need to be technically proficient with any specific programming language but exposure to MDX coding is advantageous.
- Essbase ASO experience is advantageous.
We offer a competitive benefits package including:
Remote work providing flexible work/life balance
Comprehensive Retirement Package including 401K company match and two pension programs
Our Gift of Knowledge Program provides tuition assistance and substantial discounts for our employees and close family members
Competitive health benefits and new hire eligibility starts day-1 of employment
Generous Paid Time Off includes paid holidays, vacation, personal, sick paid time-off, plus one (1) volunteer day and one (1) diversity and inclusion day to participate and give back to our local communities