Director of Finance at Design Pickle
Director of Finance
About This Role
Hello prospective pickle! Design Pickle is currently seeking to expand our team by adding a Director of Finance to act within our US operation. The Director of Finance will be key in driving the financial planning of Design Pickle and maintaining constant awareness of Design Pickle’s financial forecast as we continue to scale and expand not only our team, but sources of revenue.
Who We Are Looking For
First, Design Pickle isn’t your average VC funded, grow-at-all-costs-for-the-TechCrunch-feature type of company. We’re self-funded, hard-working, creative-loving, and a beautifully diverse group of people from around the world.
Do we love pickles too? Most of us but don’t stress. If Pickles aren’t your thing, it is not a deal-breaker. We do look for a passion and interest in something though. Your unique self helps make us the great company we are today.
We stand by our vision, purpose and values, and these are mission-critical to how you show up every single day.
Specific to your role, we’re looking for individuals who
- Have around 2-3 years of relevant experience in finance and accounting. You have strong technical accounting skills and your experience in reporting and financial analysis set you apart from the rest.
- Have proven success at developing policies, controls, and financial requirements given business needs.
- Wearing multiple hats excites you. You have the ability to communicate effectively and drive projects with multiple departments.
- You’re persistent as hell and extremely goal-oriented. Organization is something you pride yourself on and you are proficient at utilizing multiple technology platforms
Key Objectives and Responsibilities
As a fast-growing company, roles always evolve. However we want you to know exactly what you’re walking into. In the first 90-days here is a preview of what’s expected:
- Develop the annual budget on a company and department level
- Retain constant awareness of the company’s financial position and act to prevent problems
- Set targets for and supervise all accounting and finance personnel (management accountants, internal auditors etc.)
- Oversee all audit and internal control operations
- Develop the corporate fundraising strategy and manage relationships with partners and investors
- Prepare timely and detailed reports on financial performance on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Conduct analysis to make forecasts and report to upper executives
Benefits, Compensation & Perks
Compensation is always paid at above market rate for your role. Specifics will be discussed with qualified applicants.
Additionally we offer:
- Uncapped PTO
- Remote-work flexibility
- World-class creative office
- In-office gym
- Paid training & personal development
- Health insurance
- Pet insurance
- New parent leave
- Team retreats, social events & adventures
About Design Pickle
Design Pickle was founded in 2015 with a vision to change lives through its creative software, solutions, and services. Since then, the company has grown to be the #1 flat-rate graphic design company in the world serving tens of thousands of clients with a team that spans the globe.
In 2019 Design Pickle ranked on the Inc. 500 as one of the fastest growing companies in America.
We are a company that takes our core values to heart:
We are Friendly,
Solve challenging problems with Smart-Working solutions,
Engage the marketplace and each other guided by Truth,
And approach every day with a Service mindset.
Design Pickle delivers:
- Services Our core graphic design solutions for businesses large and small
- Content Original and stock media for creators
- Software Experiences for clients, designers, and agencies to leverage ecosystem
- Experiences Live events and more to further expand our clients and their businesses
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!