Director of Engineering at Wellthy
Director of Engineering
- Location: US
At Wellthy, we dream of the day when taking care of the sick and the elderly becomes seamlessly human and tech powered. Wellthy is evolving the way we take care of each other by building a better healthcare experience for people with complex, chronic, and aging concerns.
Summary of Position:
Reporting to the CTO, the Director of Engineering is an experienced mission-driven engineering leader who will lead a product engineering team. As Director of Engineering, you will manageand growa team of software engineers and help build our team’s culture of inspired builders. You will help lead and facilitate the close collaboration that takes place daily with our design, product management, and service operations teams to create a digital product experience tailored to our customers’ and internal teams’ needs.
- Manage and develop a team of highly capable engineers
- Contribute to the codebase by writing and reviewing code, and providing day-to-day guidance on technical architecture decisions
- Ensure high standards of clean, maintainable and efficient code are maintained
- Put in place software development processes that ensure the right balance between iteration velocity and code quality
- Work closely with product, service and business leadership to understand requirements and negotiate the right product strategy/roadmap; and then deliver on that roadmap on time
- Represent our technical interests externally with vendors and partners as necessary
- Support the CTO in ensuring the security, integrity and accuracy of our application and data infrastructure; work closely with security, compliance and IT to ensure we have the right compliance measures in place
- Prior experience leading and recruiting engineering teams in early stage startup environments
- Track record of building software professionally for 10+ years
- Proficient in many of the core technologies in our stack: React, GraphQL, Python, Django, Postgres, Docker, AWS
- Previous experience in healthcare technology is preferred
- You have a process-oriented mindset and ability to execute
- Proven success in a startup environment: rigorous, energetic, agile, and flexible
Wellthy is a healthcare concierge service. We use dedicated care coordinators and our seamless technology platform to project manage healthcare for families with sick and aging loved ones. Wellthy takes the pain out of healthcare scheduling appointments, finding the right specialists, researching treatment options, managing insurance, organizing records, communicating with family members and much more. For employers, Wellthy promises to reach, support, and improve productivity of caregiving employees.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!