Director of Engineering at National Domestic Workers Alliance - NDWA
NDWA Labs Director of Engineering
- New York, New York or Remote
- All Employees
- Employment Type
- $120,000-125,000 DOE
NDWA Labs is the innovation arm of the National Domestic Workers Alliance, one of the country’s leading progressive social movement organizations. At NDWA Labs, we’re building products that transform domestic work jobs into good jobs by bringing respect, living wages, and benefits to an invisible, undervalued, and vulnerable part of the economy. Rather than optimizing within the status quo, NDWA Labs leverages tech to disrupt power and fundamentally change the ways in which work is organized and paid for the millions of women and immigrants in the domestic work industry. Our first product, Alia Benefits, helps workers set up a safety net that stays with them, even if they switch jobs. In the current moment, we have partnered with Google.org to take Alia a step further to directly help those most impacted by Covid-19.
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to drive technology strategy and oversee development across all of NDWA Labs. This is a unique opportunity to leverage technology for good and create meaningful and lasting change in the lives of some of the most vulnerable workers in the country, many of whom are immigrant women of color.
- Partner with the Head of NDWA Labs and other executives to lead the technical vision for the product portfolio
- Scale and manage the engineering team
- Establish software development standards and processes along with best practices for the delivery of scalable and high-quality software
- Supervise architecture plus lead efforts to develop a technical roadmap for projects
- 5+ years of proven experience in developing and managing effective development teams
- Experience with tech ops
- Experience with agile practices and ticket management
- Experience managing teams across multiple locations and time zones
- Web and mobile application development experience
- Competent analytical skills and understanding of basic statistics, with the ability to understand and make decisions using data
- Ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and perform hands-on administrative tasks, while also scaling through the implementation of automated systems and light-weight processes
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
- Understanding of issues facing low-wage workers, immigrant communities, and other communities of color also a plus
- Full and generous health, dental, vision and paid time off benefits
- Reports to: Head of NDWA Labs
- Location: Flexible/Remote
- Start Date: Immediate
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Women, People of Color, People with Disabilities and LGBTQ people strongly urged to apply.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!