Director of Data Science – Operations at Shipt
Director of Data Science – Operations
- San Francisco, CA
- US Remote
- Birmingham, AL
At Shipt, we are transforming the grocery shopping experience and giving time back to consumers. Shipt shoppers handpick fresh groceries and household essentials, then deliver them to your door in as little as one hour.
We are looking for a Director of Data Science to lead our Operations Data Science, which is composed of Analysts and Scientists. The Operations Science team focuses on Supply, Demand Forecasting, Marketplace Simulation, Shopper and Driver Pay analysis, Incentives optimization and order batching. The team works day to day with operations to deliver statistical analysis, build models and automation across the entire Operations organization. The team will also develop tools to support operational use cases needed to run efficient operations. The leader will partner very closely with C-Level exec team and help drive Operations and Marketplace strategy through data. Our ideal candidate will be data-driven, intellectually curious, and a clear communicator.
You will get experience working with a cross-disciplinary team shipping real-world products to our customers around the nation. You will also receive hands-on mentorship from your friendly teammates on topics ranging from design to career advice.
- Hire and build out team of 5+ in approximately 12 months.
- Partner with COO and Operations leadership to formulate roadmaps, influence decision making, and drive Supply/Demand and Shopper/Driver Pay strategies
- Build the scope for Operations Science which we are just starting
- Work with Engineering to capture and automate data flows and build data tools.
- Develop innovative data science solutions that utilize machine learning, Operations Research, statistical and quantitative modeling approaches
- Expand and evangelize best practices for scoping, building, validating, deploying, and monitoring data products
- Find opportunities for improvement across the business and assist in decision-making across teams
- 6+ years of experience in data science focused on operations research, economics, optimization or simulation
- 2+ years of experience managing Data Scientists or Analysts
- Masters (PhD preferred) in Operations Research, Economics, Industrial Engineering, Management Science or related field.
- Strong programming skills in Python/R/C#
- Strong machine learning and/or statistical modeling expertise
- Experience with Experimentation
- Experience in developing advanced Data Science infrastructure and systems
- Strong expertise and experience in partnering with C-Level Exec team
- Emphatic people leadership to be able to grow team members and managers.
- Experience with data warehouses (we use Snowflake), BI platforms (we use Tableau), scripting languages (we use both Python and R)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience interfacing with high level stakeholders
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!