Director of Customer Success (Remote or SF)
REMOTE · San Francisco, California, United States · Customer Success
About us and the role:
Were a five year-old, rapidly growing (and profitable) startup that helps revenue organizations learn from every conversation. We do this by delivering an industry-leading voice platform for sales teams to track, analyze, and coach on their customer conversations.
We pride ourselves in doing things the right way and being customer-first. But don’t take our word for it (we believe in showing vs. telling):
- 140% net revenue retention YOY and 99%+ logo retention
- Multiple customers ranging from five to six figures in ACV
- Multiple customers in their second or third year of renewal
- Rated #1 for customer satisfaction on G2Crowd
Achieving these results takes commitment and hard work. Scaling them requires discipline, focus and a strong intuition for balancing whats right for the customer in the short and long run. We’re looking for someone obsessed with success and looking for an opportunity to build the success org they always wanted.
What you’ll do and own:
- Collaborate with the head of revenue to define the team, processes, and reporting that allow us to execute on our vision to scale a support experience that customers rave about today.
- Hire, manage and retain our customer success team (Customer Success Managers, Implementation Managers, Solutions Managers)
- Drive customer engagement programs across the entire customer journey from new customer to clients who have been with us for 3+ years
- 7+ years in a SaaS Customer Success role
- 3+ years in a Manager role, where youve led a team of ~3 to 10 people
- Background in workflow+data oriented products like CRM, ATS, Analytics, etc
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of management (how to manage to activity and leverage reporting to drive results)
- Highly analytical: excellent at figuring out the underlying problem and finding a strategy that maximizes the client experience while minimizing effort to solve it
- Superb communication skills – must be an expert listener and know how to engage customers through a variety of channels.
- Point of view on how success and support combine into a unified customer experience