Director of Corporate Engagement at The Recycling Partnership
Director of Corporate Engagement
- Location: Remote, anywhere in the U.S.
- Reports to: Senior VP of Corporate Engagement
- Hours: Full time, 40 hrs/week, exempt employee
WHO WE ARE:
The Recycling Partnership was created with a clear, bold vision: transform recycling across America by making it is as easy to recycle as it is to throw things away. Through leading partnerships, we create thriving community recycling systems. Since 2015, we have achieved year-over-year growth and are regarded as a leader within the recycling industry as well as the broader sustainability and circular economy networks.
Act with Intention and Integrity, Embrace Change and Drive Action, Play Well with Others and Have Fun are just a few of the core values we live by. We have a fast-paced culture of innovation, compassion, integrity, and continual learning that doesn’t just exist but is continuously cultivated so that we always remain employee-focused.
HOW WE WORK:
- Focused on transforming recycling for good across the United States with an emphasis on mission and measurement of our impact.
- Actively committed to our Core Values and what they stand for: Act with Intention & Integrity; Embrace Change & Drive Action; Partnership is Part of our Name for a Reason, Play Well with Others; Pursue Growth and Learning; Have Fun; Be your Whole Self, Take Time to Reflect and Dream and Stand Up and Speak Out for Diversity and Inclusion.
- Always remain employee-focused. Take a look at this short video about The Recycling Partnership team.
- Collaborative in our approach to success.
- Dedicated to excellence in everything we do.
We are looking for a Director of Corporate Engagement to create and develop long-term, trusting relationships with our Funding Partners and to grow operating revenue. Reporting to The Sr. VP of Corporate Engagement, the Director of Corporate Engagement’s role is to oversee a portfolio of assigned Funding Partners, to develop deeper relationships with those Funding Partners, to develop and execute strategies for growing revenue through strategic engagement across the circular economy, recycling and/or packaging industry, to recruit and onboard new Funding Partners, to help execute a strategy for growth and retention, and to support marketing approaches to generate revenue and awareness of The Partnership.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS JOB:
- Assist the leadership of The Partnership in identifying and recruiting new partners and build strategic coalitions to drive increased revenue
- Develop and negotiate proposals for potential Funding Partners
- Create and present the Value Proposition of The Partnership and its connection to potential funding partner strategies and objectives
- Leverage personal and extended networks
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize corporate partner revenue
- Work with new partners from initial engagement through to successful on-boarding
- Create meeting materials including PowerPoint presentations, summary documents, grant applications, and proposals to engage corporate partners and granting agencies in funding organizations.
- Attend, participate, and represent The Partnership at industry conferences to develop leads and establish relationships with potential funding partners
- Develop and/or support strategy development and new fundraising approaches to diversify revenue sources
Funding Partner Retention (35%)
- Implement strategy and a program to drive Funding Partner retention and deepen/improve partner relationships
- Conduct listening sessions and foster ongoing communications to ensure current Funding Partner needs are understood and met
- Retain current funding Partners and grow funding where possible through strategic partnerships and problem-solving
- Assist with challenging funder requests and manage issues as needed
- Prepare reports on account status as needed
- Attend conferences to build/expand relationships and to cultivate growth
- Tell our value creation story to members in an appropriate and compelling way
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications teams to advance our brand and support external storytelling efforts
- Identify opportunities for Brand Activation and convert opportunities to revenue
- Cultivate ideas and opportunities from funding partners and match them to programs of The Partnership
- Manage reporting and efforts to track progress using Teams, One Note, Airtable
- Manage CRM tool and pledged support levels
- Support finance department in invoicing, Accounts Receivable and problem-solving
- Other key business tracking needs for development
- Collaborate with and support peers in The Partnership to leverage work of Strategic Corporate Engagement, Marketing, Communications, Community Engagement, Circular Ventures, and Policy teams to drive development and retain the mission-driven focus of the organization
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS FOR THIS JOB
- Minimum 10 years proven sales leadership or development experience as a Sales Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Commercial Director, Development Manager, or relevant role
- Demonstrated ability to build strategic coalitions, and reach C-level contacts within the organization, to communicate, present, influence, and persuade key stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
- Track record of building collaborative relationships, business development, or development, in general, is a requirement.
- Experience in sustainability, circular economy, or circular packaging space is a plus
- Experience with CRM software and MS Office Suite
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management priorities at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Demonstrated complex problem-solving skills
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Business Development, or relevant field; MBA a plus
- Tenacity, optimism, strong corporate presence, excellent communications skills, collaborative team player, yet competitive in the sense that the incumbent should be self-directed and goal-oriented on behalf of The Partnership
Why Should You Apply?
The Recycling Partnership is just that – a partnership. Mission-driven, our team is made of a group of individuals with varied backgrounds working together because we are positive changemakers!! We all have something unique that we bring to the team – what will be your contribution? Joining our team means you will be encouraged to grow, learn, build friendships, and have fun all while transforming recycling for good!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!