Director of Content Marketing
Location: Remote (US Based)
The Director of Content Marketing will drive all content initiatives across multiple platforms and formats to increase interest, engagement, sales, retention and positive customer experiences.
Our ideal candidate thinks like a publisher or journalist, leading the ideation and development of creative content initiatives in all forms to drive new customer acquisition and expansion within existing accounts. This individual will be an expert in content and channel optimization, apply brand consistency across assets, segment and localize content to support key company initiatives, and establish the required instrumentation to deliver meaningful analytics.
- Ensure all content is consistent with brand guidelines, including desired style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for each target persona across all channels, including online, social, email, mobile, video, print and experiential.
- Identify and leverage industry and macro trends to inform and position story narratives and content themes that elevate the company’s brand as an industry leader.
- Leverage internal product/operational data and external market data to develop research ideas that support and amplify the company’s storytelling.
- Develop multi-layered content strategies that support all marketing campaigns and supervise internal and external contributors throughout the content lifecycle.
- Draft, edit and maintain appropriate assets.
- Analyze content initiatives for performance against key metrics and continually identify opportunities for optimization, repackaging, republishing and retargeting through structured testing.
- Implement and maintain CMS to ensure smooth workflow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing and retiring content.
- B.S. in English, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing Communications or related field. MBA in marketing is a plus.
- 5-10 years of experience as a leader in multi-channel content creation at a respected publication or media company.
- Experience with creating compelling messages and storylines for IT audiences, including developers, architects and CIO/CTO.
- Successful track record of growing traffic, optimizing conversions and increasing customer/user engagement in digital and social channels.
- Exceptional communication, writing and editing skills.
- Ability to make great decisions balancing data and intuition.
- Comfortable working within tight schedules and ever-changing priorities
- Experience with NoSQL databases (especially Redis), infrastructure software, SaaS offerings
- Self-aware and able to maintain a growth mindset
- Takes ownership and accountability for deliverables and outcomes
- Productive working independently and as part of a team, while giving energy to others
We have been named one of the “Best Places to Work in the Bay Area” and ranked the fastest growing Enterprise Software company in Silicon Valley. We offer a competitive compensation package; an employee stock program; medical, dental and vision coverage; unlimited PTO, 401K and more.
As an equal opportunity employer, Redis Labs Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. It is also our policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.