Director of Clinical Training at Ginger.io
Title: Director of Clinical Training
- Location: Remote, U.S.
At Ginger, our mission is to create a world where everyone can be their best self. At the moment of need, we provide our members with stigma-free access to high-quality coaches, clinicians and content. We’re coupling on-demand care and data science to reinvent how the world gets emotional and mental health support.
Ginger members receive a personalized care plan and the right level of care based on their needs – from self-management tools and coaching to therapy and psychiatry. The Ginger proprietary app delivers clinically validated self-care content, along with chat access to coaches and video access to therapists and psychiatrists.
Fast Company called Ginger one of The World’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Healthcare and the World Economic Forum named us a Technology Pioneer.
In order to meet the increased need for telehealth services and train the next generation of clinicians, Ginger is launching a first-in-class training program for Psychology doctoral students. We are seeking a Director of Clinical Training to develop, roll out, and manage this program. Specific tasks will include establishing relationships with Doctoral programs and other community partners to recruit trainees; developing program curriculum and structure; supervising Practicum and Post-Doctoral trainees; and ensuring that trainees are able to deliver high quality care on the Ginger platform. The TD will also provide direct care to ensure a high degree of familiarity with the on-demand, remote, and collaborative Ginger model.
This is a remote position. Candidates must reside in the US.
Administrative oversight/clinical supervision/program management (~80%)
- Recruit, hire, and retain trainees on a yearly basis to ensure good pipeline and high quality trainees
- Supervise trainees, in accordance with licensure, or identify other Ginger clinicians to supervise, as needed
- Provide remote community management to trainee group, to ensure trainees are engaged and satisfied with their experience at Ginger
- Develop and maintain systems, materials, and tools necessary for training clinicians on the Ginger system
- Partner with clinical services team in order to monitor quality of care and ensure members are satisfied with and benefiting from care
- Partner with product and engineering, as needed, to develop tools to support training, as needed
- Provide training on a range of topics, including cultural competence, measurement-based care (MBC), collaborative care, and the Ginger model
- Provide rotating, on-call coverage, to ensure Ginger clinicians and trainees are provided with support during time-sensitive or emergency situations
- Assist with other company projects, as needed
Direct Care (~20%)
- Provide high quality, innovative, tele-therapy to Ginger patients over a HIPAA compliant video conferencing platform
- Complete, sign and lock clinical case notes within 24 hours of session
- Maintain your personalized database to record proof of licensure, license updates, expiration dates, personal information, etc.
- Keep your availability calendar up to date
- Work with a collaborative care team including health coaches, other therapists, psychiatrists, and external care providers, which includes participating in weekly all-team meetings and weekly consultation groups
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Highly organized with excellent project management skills
- Ability to teach, supervise, and manage individuals and teams remotely
- Willingness to integrate cutting-edge technology into your care and the care you supervise
- Clinical competence in evidence based practices (CBT, DBT, ACT, Mindfulness, etc.)
- Cultural competence in providing care to and supervising groups from diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Knowledge of current research and best practices in the field of training mental health professionals
- Familiarity, comfort and confidence with technology – various applications, tech tools, Google web-apps, video conferencing, EMR, etc.
- Commitment to utilizing data, including PHQ9 and GAD7, to measure progress in clinical care
- Experience working in a collaborative, multidisciplinary model
- Willingness and motivation to become licensed in other states, as needed
- Doctoral degree in psychology
- A clinical license to practice in good standing; licensure in CA or WA a plus
- Minimum 5 years supervising graduate students in psychology or a related field
- Minimum 3 years managing a training program in psychology or a related field, preferably overseeing an APA accredited internship
- Minimum 10 years experience providing psychotherapy to individuals, couples or families
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!