Director of Business Operations at Kasa Living
Director of Business Operations
- Business Operations
- San Francisco, California, United States
- Full time
We are looking for a Director of Business Operations to unlock our next phase of growth.
This role will oversee the Business Operations department, responsible for business intelligence, performance management, company-wide planning & process development and strategic projects.
Ultimately, you will ensure that the entire business functions in line with our strategic goals.
Who We Are:
Kasa is enlightened hospitality: home-like luxurious apartments, tech-enabled seamless check-in, and personalized virtual service; all at a great value relative to accommodation alternatives. We want our guests to not just stay with us, but truly settle into our Kasa’s while traveling.
Unlike a typical hotel, our rooms are inside luxury apartment buildings and use connected devices to provide a seamless virtual check-in experience. Instead of a front desk, we operate 24/7 virtual customer support that is more knowledgeable, attentive and personalized than a traditional hotel.
We currently have Kasa units in 35 cities across 13 states and are expanding into many more each month.
Business Intelligence & Performance Management
- Ensure accurate and clear reporting of key metrics across the company
- Collaborate with department leaders on creating, tracking and hitting actionable OKRs
- Organize and manage BI tools to generate insights on Kasa’s customers
- Monitor financial and non-financial data and recommend solutions to improve profitability and quality
Planning & Process Design
- Design, revise and remove company-wide processes to make Kasa run more efficiently and effectively
- Prep and lead our monthly & quarterly strategic planning sessions
- Provide feedback and guidance on team mission, initiatives, plans
- Coordinate with the HR department to ensure our hiring plans meet our business needs
- Own and execute key initiatives that fall between or across multiple departments
- Create handoff documentation for receiving teams
- 5-10+ years of work experience in Business Operations, Strategic Operations or a similar role
- Knowledge of operations management
- Experience with forecasting models
- The ability to interpret and analyze financial and non-financial data
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and spoken
Nice to have
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or semi-technical field, e.g. Business Management, Business Administration
- 2+ years in Management Consulting
- 2+ years of experience in a small company environment
- Experience hiring and managing a team of analysts
What we want in everyone from Kasa…
- You’re proactive by nature and can act decisively when needed
- You’re lighthearted and can handle stressful situations with a calm and positive demeanor
- You enjoy technology and you’re eager to learn new systems and platforms
- You pride yourself on communication and organizational skills
- You’re reliable, on time, and follow through on what you promise
- You’re a team player who is committed to uplifting your coworkers and the company
- Kasa Travel Credit: All our employees are encouraged to use Kasa’s during their own travel! Kasa employees get $2,000 per year to stay with us in any of our locations (over 35 cities!), plus a 50% discount on any nights beyond that.
- Remote Work: with Flexibility as a core value and over three quarters of the team remote, Kasa employees are able to work from anywhere. Less time commuting, longer weekend trips, and more time to accomplish deep work without distraction. Naturally, occasional in-person time is required for key meetings and gatherings.
- Health Coverage: Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, with generous employer contribution.
- Flexible PTO Policy: Full time Kasa employees don’t accrue vacation, we encourage people to take time off as they need and see fit, ensuring that it’s not disruptive to their work. Sick days and personal days also fall under this policy, just be sure to communicate with your manager around taking time off.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!