Director of Business Development
The successful candidate will be responsible for seeking out and developing new business and lead generation campaigns (50/50), with a consultative approach to selling.
They should be an experienced team contributor and have excellent communication skills, with a proven record in generating significant revenues.
UpTrending is a young, dynamic and fast-moving company; the ideal fit is a candidate who is ambitious, driven and keen to have genuine influence – helping to shape the growth of the business’s future.
Responsible for leading strategic business growth through development and implementation of initiatives that drive business growth and profitability consistent with overall company objectives. This role must balance new business with new clients but also work closely with project teams on retention and growth of existing accounts. This role will primarily lead new business pursuits but will also help to cultivate and grow client relationships.
- Business Development, Account Growth & Revenue Generation
- Primary Goal: Generate leads and meet revenue targets
- Maintain regular contact with existing prospects by educating target on the value of UpTrending services, capabilities and tools to measure and elevate their full digital presence.
- Grow existing client business via upsell and cross-sell solution opportunities – at or above revenue quota.
- Manage and grow existing accounts by developing strong relationships and deep understanding of client business and industry.
- Stay informed with new developments and trends within the digital marketing and technology industry and inform existing accounts and prospective clients of effects.
- Develop a targeted long-term new business strategy and foster growth in these key opportunity areas within the digital marketing industry as well as explore new potential target clients
- Work closely with marketing to develop bespoke campaigns to target relevant prospects
- Maximize networking opportunities, regularly attending conferences, events and/or trade shows to increase brand awareness and develop a larger network of contacts
- Lead a multi-discipline team to develop estimates, create proposals, and finalize pitch decks.
- Lead client business reviews and explore new ways to build strategic partner engagements.
- Develop and implement Quarterly Business Reviews with existing client accounts
- Create weekly/monthly forecasts on revenue/target management and end of month reports on revenue and market performance
- Inform Marketing Strategy
- Primary Goal: Lead overall business development and sales strategy
- Collaborate with other company leaders to identify key areas for company expansion and development including new service offerings and capabilities
- Create and develop sales and marketing collateral – including how the business positions itself for various audiences
- Collaborate with other company stakeholders on marketing strategies and execution plans, including contributing to blogs, whitepapers and other content.
- Lead marketing initiatives and strategies to increase exposure and awareness.
- 5- 7 years in digital agency services – Accounts, Sales, Marketing roles.
- Excellent track record of success in digital/technology sales, selling bespoke services and solutions to start-ups and SMB’s
- Deep knowledge of custom service offerings and how to match those with client needs as well as our company culture and positioning
- Demonstrates a strong sense of team collaboration
- A thought leader and voice within the company Leadership Team
- Proven track record in growing revenue within existing client accounts
- History of building strong relationships and partnering with startups and rapidly growing businesses
- Knowledge of B2B software companies and underlying marketing challenges of B2B vs. B2C.
- Successful record selling and presenting to C-Suite, Director Level and/or Marketing departments
- Ability to track, organize and manage sales pipeline, proposals and documentation in order to provide seamless transactions with client and internal teams
- Track record to managing complex client relationships and navigating difficult client situations with favorable outcomes
- Ability to work with internal teams, manage escalated items & provide client support where needed
- Committed to the success of UpTrending as a company and passionate about building a team and doing the best work we can for our clients
- Demonstrated ability to work and succeed in a remote working environment.