Director of Accounting at Prenda
Director of Accounting
- Finance and Regulatory
- United States
- Full time
Director of Accounting, Full Time, Remote
Prenda is on a mission to empower learners. We help people run microschools, where small groups of kids meet, often in a home, and own their education. The model is helping light a fire for kids like Mo (https://youtu.be/g4nLjauGM3U), and we want to empower many more. Imagine a world where kids grow up as empowered learners – they choose to learn, develop their gifts, and apply their passion and grit to solve the world’s big problems!
Our finance team is looking for a Director of Accounting to lead and oversee all accounting functions at Prenda. We are looking to hire someone who not only ensures all aspects of our accounting operations meet GAAP standards but also has the ability to lead and manage a team. This person will be responsible to lead and build out Prenda’s accounting department. We are looking for an individual who is a self-starter and ready to help build for the future in partnership with the leadership team.
The Director of Accounting will also assist in providing financial information and reports to our leadership team, Board of Directors, and other investors. As such, communication skills must be accurate, crisp, and insightful.
Our company is obsessed with the mission of empowering learners, we live our core values and we embrace servant leadership.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with 7+ years of experience in accounting with prior experience as a controller. Master’s degree and CPA preferred but not required.
- 4+ years in an accounting or finance leadership capacity
- Proactive and independent – must be eager to drive best practices including automation and continuous process improvement
- Highly collaborative with a deep sense of ownership and accountability and willing to roll up sleeves and dive into the details
- Provide advice and guidance on all accounting matters including financial systems, record keeping, analysis, and reporting
- Manage the accounting operations including the review of journal entries, payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable
- Ensure accrual accounting procedures are in place
- Establish and monitor internal controls to ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with established legal regulatory and company policy
- Establish collaborative, cross-functional relationships and provide financial data to the leadership team to improve P&L business results and control costs
- Work with our Head of Finance to ensure all forecast and projections on cash flow are accurate
- Prepare, analyze and present monthly, quarterly and annual operating results for each department
- Work with external CPA to complete yearly tax returns
- Work with external auditors on annual audits
- Build out and manage the accounting team
- Competitive salary combined with potential equity
- Tax-advantaged health insurance reimbursement
- Home office set up stipend
- Entirely remote team
- Empowered, humble, passionate, and exciting culture
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!