Director Marketing at Linux Foundation
Director of Marketing, CNCF
- REMOTE /
- CLOUD NATIVE COMPUTING FOUNDATION /
The Linux Foundation is looking for a Director of Technology Marketing to develop and execute on strategic developer relations and marketing initiatives to support CNCF. This individual will play a key leadership role within both CNCF and The Linux Foundation. Top candidates will bring experience in vision and hands-on execution, across multiple domains of stakeholder engagement, community development, online content cultivation, developer education, and managing diverse contractor teams. Candidates will be results-oriented and able to track progress and pivot quickly to adopt industry best practices while managing and tracking initiatives within budgets, timelines, and priorities.
Nurture and grow the ecosystem
- Develop and implement a marketing plan with specific programs for members and project communities
- Strategically define the right blend of top, middle and end of funnel activities to drive membership and community growth
- Create new programs that will enhance CNCF’s footprint in the ecosystem in addition to supporting existing ones
- Lead the CNCF marketing committee and increase member engagement by building trust-based relationships with high satisfaction
- Utilize CNCF audience personas to support the development and creation of relevant technical content, including user stories, tutorials, case studies, webinars, whitepapers, monthly newsletters, and presentations.
- Collaborate to create CNCF messaging for business and technical audiences for CNCF
Build thought leadership
- Guide the communications for the organization and serve as Editor for KubeWeekly
- Participate in the CNCF open source community to observe and understand needs
- Develop thought leadership to promote CNCF and projects at events and other media
Manage a team
- Maintain the CNCF website in partnership with LF IT team
- Work with partners in LF and contractors to ensure metrics are tracked and reported
- Lead a team of contractors and agencies including PR/AR, digital, video, and content to execute on CNCF marketing initiatives
- 7-10 years of work experience in marketing and/or developer evangelism for technical products or equivalent
- Knowledge of cloud computing and container technologies
- Experience working with and energizing external communities based on complex technical subjects
- Proven success promoting and supporting open source events / projects / products which serve software developers and/or devops professionals
- Ability to engage and positively influence multiple internal teams in an agency-style, service-oriented environment
- Experience working with Salesforce (or willingness to learn!)
- Strong communication, organization, and writing skills
- Thought leadership and contribution to the cloud native ecosystem or equivalent
- Technical chops that enable authentic conversations with the cloud native community
Cloud Native Computing Foundation Overview
Cloud Native Computing Foundation is creating and driving the adoption of a new computing paradigm that is optimized for modern distributed systems environments capable of scaling to tens of thousands of healing multi-tenant nodes. Cloud native systems will be containerized, dynamically orchestrated and microservices-oriented. CNCF currently hosts 28 graduated and incubating projects in the cloud native ecosystem including Kubernetes, Prometheus, Envoy, CoreDNC, containerd, TUF, Jaeger, fluentd, Vitess, and Helm.
Linux Foundation Overview
The Linux Foundation is creating the greatest shared technology investment in history by enabling open source collaboration across companies, developers and users. We are the organization of choice to build ecosystems that accelerate open technology development and commercial adoption. The Linux Foundation is an all-remote workforce that hires world class talent. We are as passionate about providing a flexible and supportive work culture as we are about open source software. Collaboration is in our DNA, and we pride ourselves on being able to work closely together while not being tied to an office. We offer exceptional benefits – e.g., top of the line healthcare plans, unlimited PTO, and 100% 401k match up to the IRS-defined limit per year. The Linux Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!