Director, Learning and Development at Billtrust
Director, Learning and Development
- Lawrenceville (NJ), Denver (CO), Chicago (IL) or Remote (US)
What You’ll Do:
Are you a talent development professional who has what it takes to lead the L&D efforts of a high growth company with a strong learning culture? Billtrust is looking for a Director, Talent Development that possess exceptional skills and experience in developing and executing learning and development strategies, diversity and inclusion programs, leadership development and organizational development.
Reporting to the Chief Talent Officer, you will be responsible for driving Talent Development initiatives and will work internally with teams across the organization to build, curate, and support learning content and experiences, explore new learning methods, and build both live and digital learning solutions for our employees..
You will bring strong skills in program design and curriculum development and will be driven to create and embed new company-wide learning programs across manager and leadership development, onboarding, core competencies, and more.
- Develop and lead Talent Development initiatives that align with business goals, and talent strategies
- Drive engagement and development at all levels of the organization, and foster an environment of continuous learning to encourage career growth and succession readiness
- Serve as a subject matter expert in Billtrust’s diversity and talent strategy by utilizing data and applying in-depth knowledge of diversity and talent principles/practices to deliver solutions in areas such as, workplace inclusion, employee engagement, employee networks, training and communication
- Implement training initiatives to support our diverse and inclusive business culture
- Assess, identify and implement learning and growth programs to ensure the development of highly performing and engaged team members
- Leverage industry best practices around organizational design trends and provide recommendations for adoption.
- Develop and deploy organizational design principles and tools for effective organization design based on business needs.
- Lead with our core values and ensure that they are embedded in all learning programs.
- Effectively hire, lead, mentor, motivate and grow a team of corporate trainers
- Leverage data to measure and articulate Talent Development effectiveness and impact based on strategic alignment, overall organizational health and key performance indicators
- Research and implement best practices in instructional technology, tools, and approaches
- Define budget requirements to meet objectives; track Talent Development costs
- Collaborate cross-functionally to define appropriate scope and focus for Talent Development initiatives with key partners and stakeholders
Target Base Compensation: $127,433.00 – $171,000.00
Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for Colorado-based hires only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. Billtrust intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience. We encourage you to apply and speak with our Talent Acquisition team to learn more about the total compensation package.
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- 8+ years Talent Development experience developing and driving learning strategies across an organization with previous experience leading a team
- Demonstrated passion for diversity and inclusion with prior experience with diversity content development and facilitation
- Expertise in leadership and management development programs – from concept through delivery.
- Practical experience providing formal/informal coaching. Having a coaching certification is a plus
- Deep expertise designing and implementing a variety of learning programs, with strong skills in program design, curriculum development and partner resourcing
- Experience understanding business needs and objectives and taking the initiative to drive valuable, effective and aligned strategies and solutions
- Ability to balance multiple projects while informing key partners of progress and outcomes
- Possesses strong change management skills to manage ambiguity and is highly adaptable and flexible to changing requirements and business demands
- Ability to exert a high degree of influence and persuasion across a dynamic, rapidly growing organization
- Prepare and contribute to the Talent Review process by developing collective succession plans
- A critical thinker and stays on the forefront of innovative learning practices
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills and the ability to communicate effectively with senior leaders and employees across the organization
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with prior experience working in a best-in-class HR organization
What You’ll Get:
- Benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, short-term and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, HSA, and life, cancer, and AD&D insurance.
- Equity: So that every employee is a shareholder and is aligned on building our company’s value.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Sabbatical: A paid leave to reward longevity and commitment to Billtrust.
- Paid Parental Leave: To promote parent-child bonding and increase gender equity at home and in the workplace.
- Opportunities for Growth: Professional development can take many shapes. From ERGs like Women in Tech and DE&I, to Mentor-Mentee, Leadership, and High-Potential Programs, we foster an environment where all employees can grow.
- Recognition: From Billtrust Bucks and Gongings to Culture Champion and Founders Awards, our employees are recognized for hard work and outcomes achieved.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- A Culture that Lives its Values: Our values are not just words or window dressing, they guide our decisions – big and small – each and every day.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!