Director, Head of Global Social Media at HubSpot
Title: Director, Head of Global Social Media
Location: US National
Remote – USA
What’s it like to work remotely at HubSpot?
I have been working remotely for over two years now. I not really aware of the …
Technical lead. Web Dev.
At HubSpot, we aim to help millions of companies grow better by becoming the #1 CRM platform for scaling companies. We’re looking for a leader for our Global Social Media team who can help us achieve this vision.
HubSpot is looking for a Director, Head of Global Social Media, who will oversee a team responsible for HubSpot’s brand building activities in key social platforms including TikTok, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. You will be a people leader on the team, envisioning and producing breakthrough, thumb-stopping strategies, content, and editorial plans, while collaborating with our internal teams as well as outside vendors and agencies. This is a unique opportunity to build the next beloved technology brand at scale.
You will report to the Head of Global Brand Marketing. The right leader for the role will be a seasoned social media executive with a track record of inspiring teams, pushing original ideas and angles, growing audience and affinity, and bringing to life iconic social campaigns.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Build and execute on the social media strategy, as well as channel-specific visual look and feel, and voice and tone globally across organic, paid, and creator
- Develop an editorial strategy that aligns with our team’s audiences and brand goals across social platforms and brands including HubSpot, The Hustle, and HubSpot Academy – optimizing for cultural relevance while balancing support of business and product initiatives
- Create and manage an editorial calendar and work with our internal teams to generate partnership and collaborative content opportunities
- Collaborate with internal and external agency partners, creatives, stakeholders to create best in brand content for channel within budget
- Push team to experiment with new content formats while hitting measurement goals
- Take a global mindset in our planning, content development, and enablement
- Manage a team of creators and strategists
- Manage day-to-day operations, goal setting, career development, performance management, and growth of team members — all while consistently evaluating new ways to increase efficiency and growth
We are looking for people who have:
- 10+ years of experience in branding and marketing
- A mix of in-house and agency side experience
- A passion for understanding how social media works, what content goes viral, and who is doing it incredibly well (and a unique ability to learn from others’ tactics/mistakes, and incorporate learnings into our own strategy)
- Ability to connect the dots between consumer storytelling techniques and engaging business audiences — and understand business decision makers as consumers
- Strong experience with cross-collaboration and influence across Brand, Media, Content, Production, Product, and International within large marketing orgs
- A proven track record of creating breakthrough strategies and content for brands in social that attracts fans and followers to our channels
- Experience leading teams of copywriters and content creators, content strategy, and giving copy, design, and production guidance
- Proven analytical skills and experience leveraging data and metrics for storytelling that goes beyond the dashboards
- Ability to lead relationships with agencies and/or in-house production teams, from brief writing and planning, to budget realities and timelines, to holding standards on compelling and quality work
- A hunger for culture, and is ahead of the curve on social media trends and conversations
- Awareness of global trends and cultural differences in social media communications
- Knowledgeable and experienced in the methods and platforms for creating compelling content, especially short form video, for social media including but not limited to Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok
- Knowledgeable on the interplay between organic and paid social efforts, with a strategic mind for how they can work better together
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Asana
- Experience with the Google Work suit
Cash compensation range: 180000-270000 USD Annually
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more