Director, Financial Operations at Phreesia
Director, Financial Operations
- Remote (U.S.)
Phreesia is looking for a Director, Financial Operations to join our growing team!
This person will be responsible for leading Phreesia’s financial operations including payroll, supplier payments, procurement and related tax compliance of those areas. This person will also serve as a subject matter expert to meet the demands of its growing business, implement process improvements and adhere to strong internal controls for a publicly held company. Reporting to the VP, Corporate Controller with direct visibility to the CAO and CFO, this individual will be tasked with developing excellent working relationships amongst financial and non-financial stakeholders.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage the team responsible for semi-monthly payrolls for U.S. (Namely) and Canada (ADP) for over 650 employees
- Manage Workday implementation for payroll, supplier accounts, purchasing and settlement
- Develop close working partnership with Human Resources to develop best practices
- Ensure accuracy of pay data, new hire information and personnel changes from HR
- Ensure multi-state, Federal and Canadian payroll filings are accurate and timely reported
- Manage team responsible for special payroll runs and ensure equity events are properly handled for US and Canadian employees and properly reconciled
- Responsible for payroll related audit inquiries and reviews
- Review, prepare and distribute annual form 1099’s, W-2’s and 3921’s
- Ensure payroll entries are properly recorded, benefits reconciled and 401(k) funded timely
- Directly manage the team responsible for day-to-day payable processes; ensuring proper approvals, accurate invoice coding, and ensure payments are processed in an accurate and timely manner
- Support internal and external auditors during quarterly reviews and the annual audit
- Evaluate processes, procedures and use technology to gain efficiencies and cost savings by driving continuous improvement
- Develop purchase order process with appropriate approvals and controls
- Manage team responsible for sales & use tax collection and reporting. Ensure that Avalara is set up properly, balances are reconciled, and payments are made in a timely manner.
- Develop process to work with external tax advisors to properly document process and be compliant with property taxes and escheatment
- Maintain proper internal controls and enforcement of the company’s policies and procedures
- Develop sourcing and procurement best processes; ensuring best prices and oversee business needs
- Streamline and automate processes for optimal results
What You’ll Bring:
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience within a publicly held company
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, MBA is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with various levels of finance and non-finance personnel ensuring highest level of service
- Superior project management skills. An ability to multitask and work on several projects, ensure processes are followed and deadlines are met
- Strong communication, interpersonal & problem-solving skills
- Excellent human capital managerial skills: train, teach & develop team members
- Workday experience required
- Experience with non-US payroll (Canada preferred)
Who We Are:
AtPhreesia, we’re committed to helping healthcare organizations succeed in a fast-changing landscapeand we need smart, passionate people to help us do it. Our innovative SaaS platform offers our clients a suite of applications to manage the intake process, giving them the tools to engage patients, improve efficiency, optimize staffing and enhance clinical care.
Basically, what you do here matters, and hard work does not go unnoticed. Not only does Phreesiacare about our clients, we also care about our employees. In fact, we’re a four-time winner of Modern Healthcare magazine’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare award.If you’re interested in consistent feedback and recognition, defined career paths, and the opportunity to work with driven and engaged colleagues in a dynamic industry, this may be the right opportunity for you.
Benefits and Perks:
- Variety of health plan options, dental/ vision coverage, and short/long-term and life insurance plans
- 401(k) savings plan
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited vacation
- Mobile phone reimbursement and internet reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- 100% paid maternity leave to our U.S. employees, as well as a generous maternity benefit to our employees in Canada.
- Tuition and certification reimbursement, as well as other professional development opportunities
Be sure to check out our Instagram andFacebook!
We strive to provide a diverse and inclusive environment and are an equal opportunity employer.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!