Director, Experience Design at Zillow
Director, Experience Design
Remote, United States of America
About the team
The Zillow Experience Design (ZxD) team is a fast-paced, collaborative, and driven product design team. Our mission is to make Zillow the most-loved place to discover, buy, sell, or rent a home. We’re a tight-knit, fun-loving, and upbeat group. Meet us and learn more: https://www.zillow.com/careers/design/
- We are a multidisciplinary team of user experience practitioners, including research, design, and content.
- We build useful, usable, and innovative experiences for Zillow customers. These experiences live across web, mobile, and internal software platforms.
- Our team cares deeply about solving problems for real people – customers, co-workers, and everyone else. We seek to make everything a little better than we found it.
About the role
Zillow is looking for a Director to lead an Experience Design team focused on building the center of the Zillow shopping experience including our Home Detail Pages and our ability to connect buyers to real estate agents. This team is responsible for designing a cross-platform experience (Web, iOS, Android) that helps our users understand the various aspects of a home for sale and help our users take the next best step towards their purchase journey. This leader will work with the team to drive a vision for the home shopping experience and bring efficiency and trust to our agent hand off flow. Success in this space is critical to our business and vital for our user’s as they unlock their next chapter in life.
In this role you’ll partner with research, content strategy, service design, product management, marketing, engineering and data science. You’ll demonstrate your deep experience in consumer technology to build a world class product that reflects Zillow’s brand with impeccable craft and thoroughly considered strategic thinking. You’ll lead, nurture, and manage a team of designers that build outstanding experiences that exceed the expectations of our home shoppers while balancing the needs of the business.
You Will Get To:
- Create a space where your design team and partners can do their best work
- Recruit, nurture and grow a team of amazing designers
- Collaborate with product, marketing, and engineering to define objectives and key results and execute strategy then drive that vision through the work of your team
- Work collaboratively with product partners to define priorities, plan projects and design approaches to enable the best experience outcomes for our users
- Be a strong advocate for the user and influence and address the expectations of key business stakeholders
- Manage and prioritize a workload of multiple projects from concept to completion
- Evangelize best UX practices to other designers, engineers, and product managers
This role has been categorized as a Remote position. “Remote” employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.
In California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City and Washington the standard base pay range for this role is $199,400.00 – $318,600.00 Annually. This base pay range is specific to California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City and Washington and may not be applicable to other locations.
In addition to a competitive base salary this position is also eligible for equity awards based on factors such as experience, performance and location. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location.
Who you are
You are an experienced leader who knows how to make everyone around you better. You are a tireless advocate for the customer and know how to inspire others to care deeply about customers too. You are a great collaborator and communicator and understand that the path to exceptional customer experiences is through great partnerships with cross-functional teams.
- 7+ years of management experience and demonstrated success leading design teams
- An exceptional leader who’s able to inspire designers and researchers, lead them to deliver their best work while having fun at the same time
- A specialist at design process, workshop creation and facilitation
- An expert in consumer technology that serves a vast range of users and audiences
- A skilled coach, mentor and teacher
- Outstanding collaborator with product management, engineering, user research, content and design
- Experience with A/B testing and leading design through the process
- Driven to move fast, be decisive and deliver world-class user experiences
- Excellent communication skills in a fast-paced environment (verbal, written, and visual) who has the ability to influence and build consensus
- Communicate effectively across all levels of the organization — from individual contributors to executive staff
- You excel at interacting with many stakeholders and understand how to balance a multitude of inputs (user and business needs) while planning and resourcing work
- Please submit a portfolio and resume as part of your application
Get to know us
Zillow is reimagining real estate to make it easier to unlock life’s next chapter.
As the most-visited real estate website in the United States, Zillow® and its affiliates help movers find and win their home through digital solutions, first class partners, and easier buying, selling, financing and renting experiences. Millions of people visit Zillow Group sites every month to start their home search, and now they can rely on Zillow to help make it easier to move. The work we do is helping people move from dreaming to transacting — and no matter what job you’re in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality.
Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction are supported by a deep-rooted culture of innovation, our passion to redefine the employee experience, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. We’re also setting the standard for work experiences of the future, where our employees are supported in doing their best work and living a flexible, well-balanced life. But don’t just take our word for it. Read recent reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2022 list, Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, honoring the Best Places to Work in 2022, Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index 2022, Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equity Index and Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality 2022, and TIME 100 Most Influential Companies list.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Browse Related Categories:
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more