Director, Customer Support at Learning A-Z
Location: Remote, US
Director, Customer Support – Remote
Location: United States
- Run a chat-based Customer Support Organization
- Cultivate a high energy, collaborative and customer-first team culture centered around delivering an efficient, effective and empathetic experience for all customers
- Seek ways to increase self-service customer support for faster and more efficient for educators
- Improve our knowledge base and its delivery to our clients
- Improve individual and team efficiency
- Act as a liaison to the greater leadership team
- Responsible for executing and regularly updating the relevant parts of the Customer Journey and respective playbooks and evaluating key customer touchpoints throughout the journey in Support.
- Develops and improves productivity and performance reporting on team performance, individual performance, monthly department performance overall enabling us to keep our product costs as low as possible for our customers.
- Drive operational quarterly and annual planning with Key LAZ Stakeholders to optimize cross-functional planning, communication and resource management.
- Partner across marketing, sales, product, engineering, and professional learning services teams to establish a cohesive team approach, process and product efficiencies.
- Minimum 5 years of direct management experience running a chat-focused support organization.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrates a proven understanding of Intercom, AI, call deflection, bot development, and knowledge base growth.
- Empathetic manager who demonstrates LAZ values of being hungry, humble, and smart.
- Proven effectiveness in training and managing teams in a customer support function.
- Experience with executing strategy around capacity planning, cost analysis, KPI utilization, and problem prioritization
- Experience successfully implementing data-driven strategy to improve support productivity, customer sentiment, and net revenue retention
- Experience with and ability to communicate across all levels of an organization, excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially to an executive audience
- Excellent organizational skills with a high attention to detail coupled with an ability to think strategically
- Comfortable navigating and mediating conflict
- Innovative leader and lifelong learner who keeps abreast of operational best practices and supporting technologies
- Outstanding communication and customer management skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams (e.g., Sales, Professional Learning Services, Engineering, Support)
- Proficiency in Business Process Automation
- Knowledge of SalesForce CRM, Intercom, Gainsight, Tableau, Snowflake, and other relevant systems
Browse Related Categories:
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more