Director, Customer Marketing at CircleCI
Director, Customer Marketing
San Francisco, Denver, Boston, Remote US
At CircleCI we help some of most innovative companies – from venture-backed companies to tech-forward enterprises – scale their software development practices, and significantly accelerate their pace of business growth. We’re passionate about helping engineering teams take the shortest path from idea to value creation, and we need your help!
As Director of Customer Marketing, you will work hand-in-hand with our revenue, customer success, and product teams to drive an outstanding customer buyer experience. You will focus on accelerating and driving self-serve and sales led opportunities and expansion through upsell and our land-and-expand model. You’ll be a specialist on our customers, with a deep understanding of their various use cases and the value they receive from our platform. You let data tell the story, and have creativity expand our reach.
This position will report to the Vice President of Demand Generation and will work closely across all marketing teams, sales, customer success, product, and operations.
What you’ll do:
- Partner closely with marketing and cross-departmental teams to implement a PQL/PQA engagement score to surface and prioritize revenue readiness
- Provide leadership for the customer marketing function and communicate effectively to executives
- In collaboration with partners from Customer Success, Customer Experience, Sales and Product Marketing, build a programmatic approach to driving upsell
- Work with operations to establish appropriate workflows, reporting, customer journeys, and segmentations that will power campaigns
- Report on the performance of campaigns and impact on retention and upsell metrics
- Define the vision for PQL/PQA efforts through data mining, marketing programs, operational efficiency, scoring, and strategic feedback from AEs/SDRs
- Improve account activation, conversion to opportunity, and MRR reporting by owning improvements to infrastructure and process
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years of experience in B2B customer or growth marketing
- Demonstrated leadership ability in running product-led marketing programs at a SaaS company with revenue-assisted and self-serve buyer journeys
- Strong understanding of funnel metrics, attribution, and executive level output
- Proficient understanding of platforms around: database marketing and analytics, CRM (Salesforce.com), marketing automation (Marketo), sales outbound marketing (Outreach)
- Outstanding program management and a consistent track record of cross-functional readouts
- The desire to use data to take action and make judgments on when to surface details and when to drive forward!
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools – processing more than 1 million builds a day – CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital.
CircleCI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Colorado Salary Range: $183,000 – $215,000/yr, plus applicable bonuses
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!