Director, Coding Quality Assurance (Healthcare Coding Operations)
- Atlanta, GA
- Remote Options – US States and Washington D.C.
Transforming the future of healthcare isn’t something we take lightly. It takes teams of the best and the brightest, working together to make an impact. As one of the largest healthcare technology companies in the U.S., we are a catalyst to accelerate the journey toward improved lives and healthier communities. Here at Change Healthcare, we’re using our influence to drive positive changes across the industry, and we want motivated and passionate people like you to help us continue to bring new and innovative ideas to life. If you’re ready to embrace your passion and do what you love with a company that’s committed to supporting your future, then you belong at Change Healthcare. Pursue purpose. Champion innovation. Earn trust. Be agile. Include all.
Empower Your Future. Make a Difference.
- CURRENT NEED: Director, Quality Assurance
- Technology Enabled Services
- Reports to: VP Revenue Integrity and Centralized Coding
This role provides leadership to the quality assurance team by establishing tools, workflows, policies and procedures to ensure consistency. Monitors results to ensure quality and production of work are met. Maintains quality assurance program for coding resources onshore and offshore across multiple specialties ensuring timelines are met. Accountable for developing and maintaining a process to identify risk and partners with education and operations to ensure quality scores exceed the service requirements.
Key Responsibilities (List the top five to seven essential responsibilities in priority order):
- Monitors QA scores for onshore and offshore coding resources by specialty and client. Provides feedback to education and operation teams to establish action plans. (20%)
- Monitor trends to identify educational needs for onshore and offshore resources. (20%)
- Identifies risk to establish specialty or client specific targeted QA plans which requires continuous monitoring and evaluation. (20%)
- Maintains internal QA plan for team to ensure quality and integrity of the program. (20%)
- Assist with the preparation of the client reporting related to quality scores and associated action plans. (5%)
- Partners with the business unit to create a comprehensive team to support the clients and the coders. (5%)
- Provides strategic leadership to the team and maintain employee engagement. (10%)
Minimum Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities):
- BA in Health Care Administration or equivalent
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or equivalent professional certification
- Additional specialty-specific certifications preferred
- Minimum Job Qualifications
- 5 years coding experience
- 3+ years of leadership experience
- 5 years of Quality Assurance auditing experience
- Specialized Knowledge/Skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Must be task oriented and have ability to prioritize multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Ability to analyze documentation and perform data analysis
- Ability to work independently in fast pace environment.
- Solution oriented when managing workflow, client or internal obstacles.
- Strong decision making, judgment and analytical skills.
- Ability to direct and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to influence internal customers and key stakeholders.
- Effectively establish and build partnerships with external customers.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively lead team of direct resources
Working Conditions: Environment (Office, warehouse, etc.) Works Remotely
Benefits & Company Statement
Change Healthcare is one of the largest, independent healthcare technology companies in the United States. We are a key catalyst of a value-based healthcare system working alongside our customers and partners to accelerate the journey towards improved lives and healthier communities.
We provide software and analytics, network solutions and technology-enabled services that help our customers obtain actionable insights, exchange mission-critical information, control costs, optimize revenue opportunities, increase cash flow and effectively navigate the shift to value-based healthcare. Our solutions enable improved efficiencies and insights for all major stakeholders across the healthcare system, including commercial and governmental payers, employers, hospitals, physicians and other providers, laboratories and consumers.
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
Agency Statement: No agencies please.
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Commitment: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.