Director, Cloud Practice and Operations
Location: US-Remote (United States)
Job ID: 13815
Overview of Job Function:
The Director, Cloud Practice and Operations (“Director”) is responsible for driving the continuous evolution and growth of Verint’s cloud infrastructure and operational procedures. While working in a global environment, the Director will both lead and be directly hands-on in the operations, infrastructure and service delivery functions for the cloud service portfolio. As a subject matter expert in cloud operations, this role will have a strong technical focus and interface enterprise-wide on cloud implementation, migration and deployment.
Principal Duties and Essential Responsibilities:
- Lead and execute initiatives at all levels of the organization through the design, implementation and operations to advance Verint’s strategy of public cloud technologies using industry best practices and thought leadership. Directly manage day-to-day system maintenance activities, application and infrastructure availability issues to ensure optimal performance.
- Lead and manage a highly technical cloud operations team. Lead in the selection, performance management, developing, mentoring and coaching of these roles to drive results.
- Drive constant automation improvement across the organization including system monitoring, proactive resolution of events and deployment.
- Complete required certifications and audits.
- Implement new automation to improve speed and quality of environment procurement, deployment, and management.
- Interface with Development, Product Management, and Quality Engineering teams to design and build scalable and maintainable product solutions for our customers, while ensuring upgrades, migrations and builds are strategically planned into roadmaps.
- Directly troubleshoot and own all production issues to drive effective resolution of assigned client escalations including post-mortem root cause analysis and recommendations/implementations to ensure long-term remediation of issues.
- Proactively communicate with key stakeholders regarding the system availability status, scheduled maintenance windows and product performance.
- Ensure an accurate business continuity plan is maintained and tested.
- Proactively conduct capacity and demand planning of systems to ensure the future capabilities of the system are well understood and plans to scales are defined.
- Actively drive adherence to critical processes such as Incident, Problem and Change Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems, Engineering, Computer Science or technical related field, or equivalent experience
- 12 + years overall experience in a technical role
- 8+ years of progressive leadership experience in a technical support environment
- Experience with designing, implementing, or operating IT systems in Amazon Web Services (AWS)/Azure
- Experience in supporting migration of application workloads to cloud
- Strong client relationship skills
- Ability to work effectively across a matrixed, global organization
- Experience in working with Senior leadership team to design technology and process landscape and contribute to cloud solution strategy
- Ability to take major ownership in orchestrating client workshops and facilitate customer interactive sessions on cloud operating models, cloud business value, DevOps processes, and application/infrastructure modernization
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to drive transformation regarding business process improvement initiatives for mid to large scale organizations
- Experience implementing and maintaining Enterprise management and system monitoring tools
- Knowledge supporting traditional database, networking, operating systems, virtualization, and storage technologies (Oracle/Microsoft SQL, Cisco, Windows/Linux, VMware, NetApp)
- Familiar with best practices in IT management, change management and architecture; ie:SSAE 16, ITIL, COBIT and TOGAF
- Successful completion of the background check process, including but not limited to employment, education, criminal convictions, OFAC, SS Verification and credit, where available and in accordance with federal and local regulations
- Master’s Degree
- Experience with large and complex IT systems in an enterprise environment using virtualization or private Cloud technologies
- Experience with modern development and testing techniques such as continuous delivery and continuous integration
- Background in software development and experience in configuration management (tools like Terraform and Puppet)
- Technology understanding of API management solutions and their role across enabling an enterprise cloud