Seeq is an advanced analytics application for use by engineers, scientists, and subject matter experts (SMEs) in the analysis of IIoT, process manufacturing and utility data sets. Seek is venture funded and growing rapidly, and while its official headquarters are in Seattle, Washington, it is a virtual company so every employee lives and works where they are, across United States as well as in Asia and Europe.
Seeq is seeking a candidate to own its growing cloud-based business offerings as IaaS (customer’s tenant) and SaaS offerings on public clouds (for example, Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform), industrial clouds (for example, Siemens Mindsphere, GE Predix, Wonderware Cloud, Honeywell Cloud) and IIoT platforms (for example, Cognite). The Director will define and implement go-to-market strategies related to cloud product offerings, marketing and demand generation, and partner engagement. To accomplish this the Director will develop and manage relationships with cloud providers to facilitate strategic alignment and generate co-selling and co-marketing opportunities. In addition, the Director will be a partner to Seeq sales executives in their sales execution, and an advisor to the executive team on the cloud business at Seeq including market insights, pricing, competition, and product input.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in at least 1 if not all of these subject matter areas: Seeq customers, Seeq use cases, and relevant technologies. Seeq customers include all process manufacturing industries such as oil & gas, renewable energy, pharmaceuticals, and chemicals, plus IIoT and some discrete manufacturing scenarios. Second, the variety of use cases for Seeq includes predictive analytics, prescriptive analytics, diagnostic analytics, asset optimization, and plant efficiency. And third, experience and expertise in cloud and modern software technologies, such as big data, machine learning, and open source software markets.
Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills, writing, analytics and presentation skills, business acumen. Most importantly they must want to own a sales target and execution.
- Expand Seeq’s cloud sales resulting in increased revenue and customer adoption
- Manage relationships with leading cloud partners and their organizations (sales, pre-sales, marketing, channel, product, executive team)
- Manage offerings in cloud marketplaces (e.g. Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure), analyzing activity and performance to optimize demand, revenue, and customers
- Engage the cloud partner field organizations and end customers to create and drive revenue through co-sell motions and activities
- Oversee/create demos and sales materials for customers and Seeq sales team on Seeq cloud offering
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team
- Meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets
- 15% travel, mostly domestic, may require 1-2 international trips/year
- 5+ years of technology related sales or business development experience, with particular focus on software businesses or cloud solutions to the Fortune 1000
- Experience in positioning and selling technology in new customers and new market segments
- Experience in proactively growing customer relationships within an account while expanding their understanding of the customer’s business
- Experience working with a team of sales professionals in sales campaigns that include pre/post sales engineering, sales executives, marketing, professional services, etc.
- Possess entrepreneurial spirit or worked in a fluid (start- up) environment
- Highly motivated with the ability to learn quickly and to exceed expectations
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience working with virtual teams and/or management a plus